We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Is Canabalt worth $2.99?

1. Yes

213 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

293 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. Not my type of game

102 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    YOU don't want it. But I do. And at least a handful of others according to the random assortment of posts some mod moved... He missed a few though. Eh. toucharcade. more like touchy arcade.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Well, several dozen people don't want it, including the Janitor, admins, moderators, forum members and me.
    The Janitor is the law, btw.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yea the janitor not you

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Uhm, did you just accuse me of sticking to the forum rules?
    Damn... :D
    You just made my day. :)

5. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm glad :)

Meh sorry if I seem mean its just square stated they got on the iOS train because the 360 and ps3 have stated their course for too long yet they bring mostly garbage beside "real" final fantasy games to the app market.

And chaos rings and TWEWY.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Is this an example for that saying: "the pot is calling the kettle black"?

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #2387 Vovin, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

I don't think this is "the real Square / Enix".
    A while ago, S/E announced that they formed two or three new dev teams for mobile games, especially for the iOS/Android platform. Maybe these guys are responsible for that strange stuff that S/E is releasing recently.
    Google knows more about it.

On the other hands: S/E is a huge company. Rule #1: maximize profit.
    They have lots of employees to pay. I guess that they discovered quickly how to get the most bucks out of us. Looking at other companies... well, a quite usual behaviour.

I think that everyone of us is old enough to have enough self-responsibility to decide which product s/he supports and which not.

And last, but not least: the debates about prices. Letting people freely discuss about them can lead to quite some huge flame wars, but nothing else. It also - and that is (at least for me) very important - creates huge gaps between people, poor and rich. I don't want people to feel bad because another one has more cash and brags about it. As gamers, we're all equal. But not in terms of money.
    Every price discussion is senseless, just because of all the different views of the value of money.

In the past, we had threads with the first 10 or 20 pages like: "why 3 bucks? wh, oh, why?".
    I don't believe you want to read that shit for 10 minutes until you stumble over the first post about the game's quality. Believe me, it sucked back then and will suck now in just the same way.
    Eli, for example, is able to tell you a lot about a game's quality but will never be able to tell you why it costs $3.99 and if it is worth YOUR money. :)

8. Yeah, I agree with bramblett, I think nowadays premium means anything over 99 cents. I think for most gamers, they don't think twice about getting a game for 99 cents on release or sale, but once it goes any higher they think about the purchase much more carefully. So those games may be considered premium.

But who knows, from what thread is all this junk coming from today? Wow see a lot of posts here, but got no clue what you are talking about.

9. And my silly humour, hehe. But once the answer was "no", the thread was closed and it was put in here in the junk thread.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

That's a new one.

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    There is iap in some games that are more then 99 cents but there for the quick finishers but 2.99 iap where its "you want all of the game fork over money" now that is dumb plus there's been a few games like that and there more then 2.99

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Using context clues to figure out which game idiots are bitching about is my favorite part of this thread.

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Gee wonder which one huh

14. I don't see why people just ignore the game shown here and just buy Joe Danger if they haven't purchaed it yet

15. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    That is a fun game :)

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Huh? Now I wonder why the last two posts were moved here. And where from.

17. Actually, I posted that straight on this forum

Save the mods some work ;)

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #2398 Vovin, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

Hurray.
    This thread just developed an own, sentinent personality. It's... evolving.

19. Me too, most of my remarks are added by me. Guess this is from the joe danger thread, gotta go read it a little more closely I see. Some of us live off the junk. Bottom feeders. ;)

20. No, the whole conversation was based around the brand new Final Fantasy new game. I just added the Joe Danger point because Joe Danger>Paymium