Universal Junk Jack - (by Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sawyer4325, Aug 29, 2013.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Do any regular forum members ever bother with multiplayer? I don't trust random match but would like to join and play with others.

2. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Depends on what you mean by "regular" :p

(I suppose you mean the TA forum, so I can't really say)

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Only once. Not much fun unless you're sitting next to the other player and/or are on the phone so you can coordinate.

4. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Yeah I didn't know the correct word to use to mean people who won't blow me up lol. I'm on the jjx forum but don't really know anyone there so figured so epeople from here might play.

5. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    That mirrors my sentiments. Playing with my kids in the same room where we can talk to one another and instantly say, "hey, come over here", "cut that out", "Dylan, you idiot!", it's fun, but, otherwise, I can't see the point unless it's for a pre-negotiated trading session, which is also of niche use.

I'm glad they implemented the functionality in the game engine, but, given the game's meta design, it doesn't lend itself too well to random hook ups. Even if you avoid griefers and thieves, you've got a single player oriented mining-builder where building a single structure of note involves far more time than any two random people are going to devote to a gaming session (which probably goes a long way toward explaining the preponderance of asshats - not only do random gaming hookups invariably breed asshats, the NON "mass cooperative" nature of the game concentrates them).

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I had a friend I used to play this with quite a bit. I know him personally and we had a lot of fun playing online (aka we weren't sitting next to each other)

7. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #1527 mastery51, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  8. Kylie87

Kylie87 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Germany
    Hey guys...new player here and I have a question: can you access all planets right from the beginning by simply creating different worlds you access with your character or do you have to build something to get to other planets?

9. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    You start on terra, when mining you'll find portal pieces, once you have three pieces you assemble them and you can travel to that planet, mining on that planet you will find more portal pieces, once you've unlocked a particular planet you can then creat a stand alone world, unless you purchase the unlock all planets and then you can create a stand alone world on any planet.

10. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    So this is awesome, and stuff, but what I'm really waiting for is an update or announcement about iPhone 6 support! Has anyone heard anything? I really want to see more tiles on the Plus and I'm hoping the iPhone version can now become more like the iPad version thanks to the new real estate...

Pixbits, after you take over the world please keep iOS #1... :)

11. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Just like the others, no, not really. There seems to be a pretty active community at the JJX forums, but as an adult player I am not really too keen on playing with any griefers. Still, the TA Play that Jared and Eli did was a laugh riot and it's definitely fun in person..

12. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
  13. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    #1533 dogxsx, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  14. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
  15. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    You guys are consistently the most amazing devs in the universe. JJX is one of my favorite games of all time. It really has a special place in my heart. I hope you just keep adding to it forever. (And I will keep buying all the wonderful IAPs!) :) I've even "persuaded" 2 family members to buy it to support you and that was before Family Sharing. :)

Do you guys have any plans to optimize for iPhone 6/6+? I am really hoping you can add extra tiles and quickslots to the iPhone 6+ screen. Kind of like the iPad version. I realize that might result in another build for you though to maintain.

Also very supportive of your Steam ambitions, but I hope you continue to support iOS first and foremost.

Lastly, do you guys have any plans on updating the World Viewer?

That was a cool idea.

16. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Can't thank you enough for this awesome update, can we get Turkey at Thanksgiving ?

17. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    What would be really cool would be if we could keep the themes year round- for instance make the theme a switchable option at the time of the next update. I would gladly pay an IAP for that. It takes time to work through all the themes so this would be nice.

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    JJX is like the gift that keeps on giving.

Thank you, PixBits! :D

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I totally agree! I love the season option, as I've been wanting a game with Autumn all of the time. But it takes me so long to find stuff to make the stuff I need to break stuff to get the stuff I want. It would be nice to have an unlimited time with each holiday theme.

20. Duckster

Duckster Active Member

May 30, 2012
    You currently have the option to generate worlds as summer, fall, winter and spring or none of the seasons. As far as I know all of the seasonal items are available even after the newest updates but their drop chances have been reduced. Only the themed chests get removed.