Looking for logic type games, suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Coachflaps, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Coachflaps

Coachflaps Active Member

May 6, 2009
    USAF
    FL
    I sometimes pick up the variety puzzle magazines from penny press/Dell magazine. They feature all types of puzzle/logic type games and I'm trying to find what's out on iOS? I own crosswords, a couple sudoku apps, and a kenken one and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for other apps of the ilk.

Here's a link to a penny press magazine if you never heard of it. Penny press variety

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Try Jim and Frank Mysteries.

Its Professor Layton for IOS

3. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
  4. Coachflaps

Coachflaps Active Member

May 6, 2009
    USAF
    FL
    @triggywiggy I'll check it out, the Layton games are great.

@headcase I've owned Drop7 for a long time and still play it often, one of my favorites.

Oh and I have iPhone and iPad so it doesnt matter if it's specific to one or the other.

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Feel like a board game? The just released Wizard Hex needs logic and strategy and all that good stuff! At least give it a look!

6. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    #6 Seishu, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    One of my personal favorites is PathPix. There are several packs of pathpix puzzles in the app store, and they range from simple to very complex. The puzzle consists of connected colored and numbered dots to each other to forms paths. You have to connect dots of the same color and number, and the number is also the number of spaces the path is between the two dots. When you're finished with connecting all of the dots, a picture is formed along with a nice quote.

You can try out the lite version to see what it's like, and then upgrade to Pathpix. There's also Pathpix Zen and Pathpix Pro available in the app store for even harder and larger puzzles.

7. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    you should definitely check out trainyard if you haven't already.

there is a lite version...it's actually a fully functioning free game with different puzzles than the paid version, if you'd like to see what it's like.

brilliant puzzle game with more updates on the way soon.

8. Coachflaps

Coachflaps Active Member

May 6, 2009
    USAF
    FL
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check them out!