Peggle (+ HD) both now only £0.69/$0.99 (Peggle Nights also going for the same price)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by DelBoy2181, Jun 4, 2012.

1. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England

Peggle Classic

We want to remind our players that Peggle Classic is compatible with iOS versions 5.1.1 to iOS version 7.1, and with the…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    We want to remind our players that Peggle Classic is compatible with iOS versions 5.1.1 to iOS version 7.1, and with the following devices: iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.

Shoot to clear all the orange pegs from 55 sparkling levels in what msnbc.com calls one of the "top 5 most addictive games of all time." Become a Peggle Master and pit your skills against over 40 Grand Master Challenges. Rack up bonus points and hit style shots that will make you smile for weeks.

Game Features

FOUR WAYS TO PLAY
    Clear all the levels and train with the Peggle Masters in Adventure mode. Revisit your favorite levels in Quick Play. Face off with friends or your iPhone or iPod touch in Duel. Unlock Challenge mode and prove that you have become a Peggle Master.

ACTION ON MANY LEVELS
    Raise the Fevermeter in spectacular, colorful levels including snow banks, tulip fields and outer space.

MASTER MAGIC POWERS
    Hone your skills with the help of 10 Peggle Masters and learn their magical skills.

EXTREME PRECISION WHEEL
    Fine-tune your aim to bust more pegs with every shot.

COOL NEW STYLE SHOTS
    Rack up more bonus points with tricky shots like Off the Wall, Double Long Shot and Eye of the Pyramid.

TROPHY ROOM
    Build a shrine to your own awesomeness in the new Peggle Trophy Room.

SAVE AND REPLAY YOUR BEST SHOTS
    Relive your Peggle glory and show your friends your most spectacular shots!

Classic Peggle background music is now available during gameplay!

MORE COOL FEATURES
    -Optimized for faster, smoother play and improved frame rates.
    -Compatible with iOS 4 multi-tasking.

More Apps from PopCap:
    BEJEWELED® – Match sparkling gems in the world’s #1 puzzle game.
    PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES™ – Soil your plants in this award-winning action/strategy game.
    SOLITAIRE BLITZ™ – Discover a whole new world of Solitaire in this fast-paced treasure hunt!
    BOOKWORM® – Feed your appetite for fun in THE brain-tickling word puzzle game.
    CHUZZLE® – Slide and match cute, cuddly — and surprisingly explosive — furballs.

POPCAP MAKES LIFE FUN
    Visit us at PopCap.com
    Follow us on twitter.com/PopCap
    Find us on facebook.com/PopCap
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:May 11, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Peggle Classic HD

We want to remind our players that Peggle Classic HD is compatible with iOS versions 5.1.1 to iOS version 7.1, and with …
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    We want to remind our players that Peggle Classic HD is compatible with iOS versions 5.1.1 to iOS version 7.1, and with the following devices: iPad.

Shoot to clear all the orange pegs from 55 sparkling levels in what msnbc.com calls one of the "top 5 most addictive games of all time." Become a Peggle Master and pit your skills against over 40 Grand Master Challenges. Rack up bonus points and hit style shots that will make you smile for weeks.

Game Features

FOUR WAYS TO PLAY
    Clear all the levels and train with the Peggle Masters in Adventure mode. Revisit your favorite levels in Quick Play. Face off with friends or your iPhone or iPod touch in Duel. Unlock Challenge mode and prove that you have become a Peggle Master.

ACTION ON MANY LEVELS
    Raise the Fevermeter in spectacular, colorful levels including snow banks, tulip fields and outer space.

MASTER MAGIC POWERS
    Hone your skills with the help of 10 Peggle Masters and learn their magical skills.

EXTREME PRECISION WHEEL
    Fine-tune your aim to bust more pegs with every shot.

COOL NEW STYLE SHOTS
    Rack up more bonus points with tricky shots like Off the Wall, Double Long Shot and Eye of the Pyramid.

TROPHY ROOM
    Build a shrine to your own awesomeness in the new Peggle Trophy Room.

SAVE AND REPLAY YOUR BEST SHOTS
    Relive your Peggle glory and show your friends your most spectacular shots!

Classic Peggle background music is now available during gameplay!

More Apps from PopCap:
    BEJEWELED® – Match sparkling gems in the world’s #1 puzzle game.
    PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES™ – Soil your plants in this award-winning action/strategy game.
    SOLITAIRE BLITZ™ – Discover a whole new world of Solitaire in this fast-paced treasure hunt!
    BOOKWORM® – Feed your appetite for fun in THE brain-tickling word puzzle game.
    CHUZZLE® – Slide and match cute, cuddly — and surprisingly explosive — furballs.

POPCAP MAKES LIFE FUN
    Visit us at PopCap.com
    Follow us at twitter.com/PopCap
    Like us at facebook.com/PopCap
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:Aug 25, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Fantastic game, so good I got both versions + Peggle Nights twice. Only thing left is to update Peggle HD to Retina display - hopefully they'll do it but who knows? It's been a while since they last updated Peggle HD.

2. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Does it still crash on the iPad 1?

3. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    It's EA.

4. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    As much as I loathe the corporate practices of EA, I don't think they can be used as the scapegoat for PopCap. I'm certain their corporate arrangement is similar to the one that exists between Blizzard and Activision. PopCap products are solely the responsibility of PopCap.

5. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    1) They are owned by EA, so buying Popcap games is giving EA money.

2) There's no way I'm giving EA another penny, given how they've screwed over gamers and developers they've bought over.

I know this is unfair to Popcap, they make great games but I think it's more important to stand up to companies that don't give a flip about gamers. It's a matter of principle.

6. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    So you're essentially saying that PopCap employees don't deserve to get paid for games they've made because EA now owns them? Sucks to be a PopCap employee if that's the case.

On another note, if you were one of the owners of a popular and successful games company and EA or Zynga came along and offered you BIG money for it, what would you do knowing that you'd be set for life if you sold it?

7. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Popcap employees don't get directly paid for games they made. They get paid salaries regardless of whether I buy their games or not. If enough people stop buying Popcap games such that it'll affect their sales then maybe it'll affect these employees. Other than that, what I do won't affect them one bit. The only loss would be EA and Popcap the companies who would lose out on my money.

Of course. You would too, just like anyone else.

8. EatingMyHat

EatingMyHat Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Already own it on every platform that I have... prior to the EA deal...

9. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Really? I'm honestly quite disheartened that people are missing up on a great game made by a solid developer because "their company is owned by EA". That's like saying you won't buy DrawSomething just because its owned by Zynga, or won't buy anything at all by Chillingo because "they're owned by EA too!".

Back on topic: If you don't own Peggle yet, I'd highly suggest grabbing it. Very fun game. Can anyone tell me if Peggle Nights is always 0.99 or not though? I'm thinking of getting it, so I want to know if I need to rush or anything (only have a dollar in my iTunes account.)

10. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    I totally agree with you. Just cos it's EA doesn't mean it's crap + Chillingo make some of the best games on iOS.

Regarding Peggle Nights it's not normally 0.99. I paid full price last year when only Peggle was on sale but not Peggle Nights. Only in recent sales was Peggle Nights included. I'd get it now while it's on sale if I didn't already own it ;)

11. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm disappointed that some people will support companies that have a track record of screwing over gamers. People forget about things really fast, like how EA handled Rock Band for the iOS. Well I guess everyone has different morals, if you're happy with your choices then I have no right to judge :)

12. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Don't screw yourself over by passing up on a superb quality game while discounted. Highly recommended.

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    So what if EA owns Popcap?! I don't think they owned Popcap when they made Peggle and even if they did, Peggle is such an amazing game that passing it, because of a stupid boycotting reason is just foolish. Just buy it alright?

14. mrsamsa

mrsamsa Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Alberta
    EA owns some great companies, and PopCap's at least one that hasn't started falling apart under the EA Dynasty.

Couldn't pass on these any longer. I have so many games to play for iOS and GBA, but eventually I had to have Peggle and Peggle Nights.