Monster Hunter - Dynamic Hunting

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by strivemind, May 18, 2011.

1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

#1 strivemind, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    WOW I always wanted to play it with my friends!!!

Seems like Infinity Blade control wise (a good thing).

Subscribed!

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hmmm just realized it's stricly single player, more like a spin off from the series...
    We'll see....I was hoping to get a full fledged Monster Hunter co op 'rpg' experience with GameCenter....(still hoping, info is very scarce).

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Only one-on-one battles with no exploration? Well that sucks.

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    When I saw the thread, my heart dropped. Now seeing what it is, I'm happy that some sort of Monster Hunter is coming to iOS being it's one of my favorite games of all-time, but damn they watered it down. They could of at least allowed Yian Kut-ku to move around the area (as well as other monsters) so you can hunt it rather than just have it circling around? Hell Kut-ku wouldn't of dropped that easily with an SnS anyhow. As said, it looks like a re-skinned version of Infinity Blade but being a die-hard fan of the entire series...no doubt I'll be picking this up! *crosses fingers for either a universal build or an HD version*. ;)

I really hope they at least implement a crafting system for weapons and armors as thats one of the best things about the game other than the hunt (well, and everything else)...

6. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I agree. It's the crafting system and promise of ever-improving loot that keeps you hooked.

7. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    You can call it Monster Hunter as much as you'd (or Capcom would) like, but that's not Monster Hunter. I don't even know what to call that.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    A spin off? Mario Party is still Mario ;)

9. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Yeah, i think this won't appeal to the purists- i was a big fan of MHF2 on PSP, and this definitely doesn't look like it will be the full-on experience.

However, if they can keep elements such as the crafting, and if the monsters have attacks that let them fly off and trash you with fireballs from distance, etc., that will probably be pretty good fun- like if you're a melee user, it would be cool if you'd have to keep working the legs to try to get them to stagger, or the face for a dizzy, and stop them from flying off to attack from where you couldn't reach. Bow or gun users wouldn't have such problems, but would have to have great dodging skills at close range, etc.

I really hope that this does get fine-tuned as well as it deserves, and that said, i DO have faith in Capcom, since the SFIV conversion turned out unexpectedly well.

Still, like i said, purists will probably not like it. For everyone else, i hope it ends up being awesome!
    http://xkcd.com/359/

10. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    To me it's nothing more than a mini-game. Like MGS Touch. A heavily watered down game that will sell well because of it's brand name. Now I'm sure some people will love this game, but personally if it's just a monster fighting game with all the other elements removed then it's not Monster Hunter and it's not worth buying. What I loved about Monster Hunter on the PSP was roaming around the environments, hunting the occasional monster, crafting weapons/armour, collecting mushrooms, talking to cats etc.

11. mestour

mestour Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    i hate capcom , THE graphics on there game are bad (resident evil 4 , devil my cry ) an they dont do any effort on ios

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think you'll find RE4 (Gamecube) and Devil May Cry 4 (360/Playstation 3) have fantastic graphics :p

Their iOS efforts are definitely low priority but I still love for company for their other work.

13. Johno

Johno Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    #13 Johno, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    A health bar on the Kut-Ku? No Monster Hunter game should have a health bar for the monsters. I came into this thread too hopeful. That said, the graphics do look like the standard MH graphics, which is pretty impressive.
    Edit:
    Took a closer look and the character model looks pretty awful. The gameplay looks terrible, not even close to Tri or any of the PSP offerings. Disappointing to say the least.

14. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Seems like those of you that haven't played Monster Hunter on Wii or PSP or PS3 or Xbox or PC don't understand. Monster Hunter is wide open. You explore the world. The boss is suppose to be wild and crazy like an animal. The controls could be much better. A d-pad or joystick? Various buttons for items and weapons. This could be called a spin off title at the least.This will have to do for now but I would like to get into contact with capcom and tell them this game is wrong.

15. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Bah seems I got my hopes up for nothing. Cut the monster-crap. :(

16. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I am disappoint :(. Oh well, I can always go back to playing tri since I'm going to have plenty of free time.

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Screenshots from the front page article.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The graphics in the video looked ok to me, but these screenshots look bad. I think maybe they used some of the models/assets from the PSP games.

18. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Ughh this sickens me. The Kut Ku is so watered down it barely attacks at all! The game even gives you little indicatorrs for when the tail is coming. In the psp version it was dodge fast or die hard. I imagine it gets more difficult with monsters like the rathalos but still the kut ku is the first big monster to newbies and it can be ferocious unlike in this game where it seems to enjoy getting its butt kicked!

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Omg I can't wait. I have loved the monster hunter games since the 1st one. The video looks cool a little slice of mh on the go.

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Probably won't be 2nd gen compatible. :(