Glu games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Amenbrother, Dec 2, 2012.

1. puzzledra

puzzledra Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    yes on the other side

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I'd be more inclined to blame some developers, it doesn't take much to work out which devs will drop and how far after release they'll do it. They've created a habit that general populace is getting more used to, effectively turning off their early adopters. I'll get stuff on release if its something I want regardless of price, if its not I'll wait, if I think it's loaded around IAP I'll wait, if its Freemium I most likely wont touch it.

Also free downloads aren't an indication of possible sales, just because a person picked up something free doesn't mean they would ever have bothered otherwise.

3. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I'm in. I've been ripped off from glu so many times I think it is about time we do something.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    They have some talent outside of the corporate offices, there's no doubting that. As I said in another thread, they bought out some pretty talented studios, like the one behind the Spyro the Dragon series.

They must either pay their employees a lot or see a lot of them leave; I could only imagine the soul-crushing that some must feel when you work your ass off to make a fun, polished (heck, some of the nicest looking games on ios) game that's released, essentially, as a gimick.

5. You do make a good point, but it's not necessarily our "fault." Not everybody has money all the time.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The games are SOOO cheap though. I mean a lot of kids seem to get decent pocket money or have a part time job. Said this a 10000 times before but in my day in the 80's games were £7.95 or more, pocket money was low, games cost a fortune. Then you had £1.99 budget games which were often terrible.

I see SO many times a 99c game and some kid saying i'll wait for it to be free ! I mean 99c ?!?

If all games were $20 or more i would totally understand, but when theyre all soooo cheap i'm shocked people dont buy more and constantly wait for games to go free. I mean theyre fine with their expensive Apple product but a game for 99c ? OOhhhh no better wait !

As someone else pointed out the devs are partly to blame, i like supporting them and buy on the day of release but yeah its a bit frustrating when 5 days later (at least wait a few months !) the game drops down in price. So i try and 'be nice' for the devs but often that backfires.

7. Oh my god, 99 cents is still money! So tired of people saying the games are cheap! They are but not everyone has money to buy whatever app they want at any given time. I know I don't. I literally only have ¢97, and has been like that for almost a month. So, my point still stands.

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I really enjoyed Toyshop Adventures, Bombshells and The Nightworld all without hitting a pay wall...