Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (February 6)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Feb 6, 2014.

?

What was your favorite game the week of February 6th?

Poll closed Feb 13, 2014.
  1. Threes!

41.8%
  2. Only One

7.3%
  3. Platforms Unlimited

5.5%
  4. Toast Time

18.2%
  5. Toad Rider

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Spell Quest: Grimm's Journey

3.6%
  7. Cloudbreakers

1.8%
  8. Avoid - Sensory Overload

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Final Fantasy VI

21.8%
  1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Yeah, Threes! has more than enough attention. I'm leaning more towards Toast Time, because I feel it's more challenging and skilled based than Only One

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    And it's funny

3. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    #63 XperimentalZ, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    Proud to see our game lined up with such a nice display :D

Looks like we've made a bad habbit out of it though, last time with DRWAPS was about as crowded.

Did dig the GoTW old thread just for fun.

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Was going to say the same thing.

From all the 5 games I got, all of them are good: Cloudbreakers, Platforms Unlimited, Threes!, Toad Rider and Toast Rider (also got On the Line and 14px, both also really good). But Toaster Time (his friends can call it that :p) is the kind of game I want more of.

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Agree, what a fantastic week! Platforms Unlimited didnt get my vote this week but I also consider it some GotY material. No pay-to-win or greedy stuff like that. An endless runner that focuses on pure gameplay, being also really hard with a really big "one more time" that usually ends in 10 more times. Got 91 and plan to keep improving!

Threes! is also a GotY contender too, the game is extremely addicting. Damn that was a great week :)

CloudBreakers and Toad Riders are good, but the first lacks GameCenter (a downer since its a runner...) and the second one is paidmium.

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I ended up going with toast time, I was initially torn between threes and only one but have spent some time playing toast time today. Well over half of my spare time has spent playing three but I didn't vote threes because it has had a load of attention at various places online so I went with toast time, but all have been amazing titles.

7. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Voted for Threes! because I thought it was the best game. I really liked Spell Quest and Only One as well. Also bought Toast Time and although its ok its not GOTW material for me.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Having trouble between picking Spell Quest or Toast Time but since Toast Time is duking it out with Threes, I'm gonna have to try and give my Breakfast bud a boost :)

Threes just for me personally is not a game I like. If you like puzzles, that's probably something you'd play but I don't like numbers in general and add numbers and puzzles and that's something that'll hurt my head. Toast Time is cute, fun, and plays really well. And that Toast is a mofo bad@$$.

9. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Platforms unlimited for me. I recommend it.

10. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I feel the same about puzzles and numbers in general, but I totally love threes.
    Just got my husband playing it so there'll be a divorce coming up if he beats my score.

11. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    I love Toast Time, and I would love it to see it get some more attention. However it did get GOTW and a 5 start TA review, so at least from TA it's getting a good amount of much deserved attention. So I am basing my decision totally off what i think is the best game/what i enjoy most. And I really, really love Threes!. I didn't think I would like it as much as i do, but I love the simple gameplay that is still incredibly deep in strategy. I am admittedly the weird kind of guy that loves math/numbers, so that may play a part in my interests of the game. Nothin against Toast Time, it is an awesome game, Threes! just impressed me slightly more.

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Darnit the race isn't close anymore

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Yep agree - Threes!
    Though i'm never really good in "psycho" games (best 7101, rank 22584)
    this game owns me, specially with this music and lovely voices.

If Cloudbreaker had Gamecenter, it would have been a complete game and i had chosen this as my winner.

14. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    so i picked up toast time yesterday, and while I already voted for threes, the game of the week could really go to either. impressed by toast time.

15. codebandit

codebandit Well-Known Member

I haven't had much time this past week, but have been enjoying Toast Time when I get a chance to play!

16. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Vote for Threes!