Fieldrunners - The team want your questions!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dimsum, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Dimsum

Dimsum Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    The fieldrunners team are happy to answer any questions you have about them. For a game that is so popular - very little is known about who is behind it all, so they have offered to do a Q&A. If you have any questions you would like the team to answer - personal or professional, please post in the topic on the Fieldrunners support site before Friday.

http://www.criticaltheory.net/subatomic/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=245

2. mek

mek Well-Known Member

basically"
    more maps
    more towers
    a randomization of runners, so that each map, gameplay is different
    unique occurances[that can be turned on and off] that require attention, maybe one map has an earthquake that requires you to rebuild maybe
    or things like that to shake it up

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm with Mek.

This game is really, really great. Adding more to the game is the only thing I can think o to make it better. Other than the amount of content, it's pretty polished.

Keep it up!:)

4. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I really like the new sound effects but i also want to be able to play my own music along with them too if u could make that happen

5. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    My top requests:

- Fast Forward Button
    - Timed Mode (next wave appears after X seconds automatically)
    - Challenge Mode (cannot build while paused, destroying tower takes X seconds)
    - More maps (bigger, areas you can't build on)
    - More towers (different types that do different things, e.g. +range towers)

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #6 NotYou, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
    I'm casting my vote for a fast forward button. I forgot about that earlier. I hate waiting for the slow enemies to make their way through when I don't have any funds, especially the new blimp thing.

Edit:

LOL, I should have read the original post before. They weren't asking for suggestions. :p
    Anyhow, I'm sticking with my suggestions.

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i was reading the challenge mode, and an idea came to mind

attributes, or skills? it almost makes it slightly an RPG, but the ability to spend money on a skill like, thicker armour, which adds +5 armour to all your turrets, or increase in Speed...but to make it interesting and add replay value, you have limited choices, and if you choose one, it brings you down one type of research field, so that you can't have all of them, one choice cancels out the choice of two others or something

and your choices, affect your gameplay later on, so when your doing a mega mission of 500 rounds, you can approach it many different ways

but honestly, the game is fun as it is now, and worth the buy
    i would just be happy with more maps, and more towers, and randomization of events

maybe an extreme option, to add to the endless mode, where its just an onslaught, never ending
    the round starts off, you have X amount of $, and have 1 minute to build, then the horde comes...it would be intense

8. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Game Developer
    Keep these suggestions coming though. I'm actually hoping to get some ideas for my own game (nothing to do with Fieldrunners).

9. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Game Developer
    My game actually has this right now. ;) Hoping to show a video in a few days.

10. mek

mek Well-Known Member

wait, which ones...or all of them

i like simplicity..but i like depth, it is a hard thing to balance, the only way i see it is to have a bunch of options, so if you feel like something simple, turn off the depth options

and you basically have a game, that you can tweak to any which way you feel...all included, so you dont have to hound developers haha

but i am interested in watching your video

11. jsayreallen

jsayreallen New Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Graduate Teaching Assistant/Freelance Orchestral M
    Coralville, Iowa
    I am really enjoying the update.

That being said, a 2x which then turns into a 4x button would be great. Most of the time I am "playing" I am actually sitting there waiting, especially on the rounds with tanks.

12. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Game Developer
    Creature types & tower skill trees are the ones from your list that it has now.

Its not complicated but I feel its enough to give better replayability while keep simplicity.