New Process!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Schenk Studios, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Schenk Studios

Schenk Studios Well-Known Member

Just logged into the Developer's Portal and found a really slick new feature that Apple has added to make our lives easier. See attached pict.

Attached Files:

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Cool! (sadly i'm not a dev tho :( :mad:

3. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I am sorry, but I don't get the new feature! What is it?

4. Schenk Studios

Schenk Studios Well-Known Member

It's essentially a wizard for getting all the certificates and profiles that are required to deploy your app to your iDevice. The old process was confusing (very easy to miss a step) and long winded, while this new one is very succinct! You have to be a paying Developer to log into the Portal, so if you don't see this section that'd be the reason why.

5. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    That's great! The old method is really confusing.

PS: This is BarringtonSoftware, but arn kindly changed my username to BulletDev! Thanks again :)

6. This is great news to me. I have watched a podcast episode from Hot Cocoa on how confusing this was, and have heard the same thing elsewhere too. I have the SDK and am learning atm, but I haven't signed up to the developer program yet, and I was rather nervous about getting to this particular hurdle.
    It's nice to know there is something to help you through it now.
    Thanks for posting about it!

7. cxx

cxx Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Sadly, the new feature doesn't really make it that much easier; just walks you through it a little bit better.

And it was launched mid-January.

8. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

I'll have to try this. I was making fun of Apple after going through this tedious process by hand because their stuff is supposed to just "work" :)

9. Holy crap, it's about damn time. The old provisioning method was a serious pain in the bum. This should make the beta process a whole lot easier.