iPhone / Ipad app for Skyrim

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rickblalock, Nov 23, 2011.

1. rickblalock

rickblalock Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Hey guys,
    Thought I'd drop a line and give a sneak peak of an iOS app that's to be used alongside with Skyrim: http://www.dragonshoutapp.com/

I'd love to hear ideas from everyone on what they'd like to see.

The app is done I'm just waiting on our artist to finish the map.

2. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    Any ideas on when this will be released?

3. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Would love to try it out once it's released... been hooked on Skyrim since launch, though I only have 9-10 hours of playtime per week available... heh

4. rickblalock

rickblalock Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Release....

should be released in 2-3 weeks.

5. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    Awesome, can't wait.

6. Casmi

Casmi Active Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Holy cow! I can't wait for this. My biggest gripe with the huge world was that I couldn't leave notes on the map. This appears to take care of that. Thanks for doing the work Bethesda missed.

7. Azazel1978

Azazel1978 New Member

Nov 29, 2011
    IT
    Windsor, Connecticut
    Questions

Hello, I have a few questions.

1) Will this work with Console versions of the game or PC only?

2) Do you have a release day set?

3) Do you need testers? If so I have an iPad2 with iOS5 on it and also an android phone running 2.1 so I can help test if needed.

I look forward to your finished product and will be telling many people about it when its out.

8. rickblalock

rickblalock Member

Nov 23, 2011
    #1. It's a stand alone app for iOS (iPhone / iPad / iPod) - so it's game platform agnostic.

#2. It's submitted to the App store - so whenever Apple approves it (Hopefully this week)

#3. I'll ping you for future releases if needed. Thanks for offering!

9. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

This is what I needed.
    I love it :D

10. urthmover

urthmover New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm really looking forward to using this app.

Feature idea: Being able to type in journal comments after or during a game session from a PC into my dragonshout account would be ideal. Then having those entries integrated into the app would be greatness.

Thanks for your hard work!

11. Azazel1978

Azazel1978 New Member

Nov 29, 2011
    IT
    Windsor, Connecticut
    Thanks for the info and I will be checking often for it, I have many friends with Androids so hopefully that one comes out soon too. Cant wait!!!!!

12. Aeroflux

Aeroflux Active Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Found out about this through CtrlAltDel comics. This app will be essential for adventuring. I regularly go on walkabouts in Skyrim and there are many places on the map that are not marked when discovered. While there is a full map already on the app market, I'd rather discover the mysteries of Skyrim for myself and keep notes on a map. I usually frame the physical map (Have done so since Morrowind) and keep notes on the side with a legend of symbols with temporary markers. With my ipad this will make quick notes all the easier to accomplish.

13. Ragnor

Ragnor New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I just wondered if the app can use the camera in the phone to recognize where you are on the map, if you want to create a note on your current location. That would be a cool feature as well, as it allows you to put the note in a more accurate position. :)

14. Bavmorda's Muffin

Bavmorda's Muffin New Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Great idea

So glad you are releasing this, I have been hoping for an iOS/Skyrim connection since the game was announced!

Any chance of an inventory or book-reading component? It would be great to read collected books on the iPad while away from the game, as when I'm in game I only want to adventure. And I really miss the inventory "paper doll" from Ob and Mw, it would be uber cool if we could take our character around in our pocket...

15. Dovahkin2112

Dovahkin2112 New Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Dude thank you sooooo much for making this amazing looking app! I cannot wait until it comes out, its just what tht game needs its perfect! I got that crappy little 99cent app that they made $2.99 after a while and its just soo terrible.. Thank you so much man for making it free too, you're awesome keep up the amazing work!!

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Any word on a release date? Feels like its been in approval Forever! I'm very excited for this app.

17. Azazel1978

Azazel1978 New Member

Nov 29, 2011
    IT
    Windsor, Connecticut
    I agree , I am waiting for it patiently ...... checking every day to find nothing lol. As soon as its out I got many friends who will be all over it as soon as I tell them about it.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Me too! I love skyrim, my only complaint at the moment is that I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes. I get sidetracked with all the quests and where I need to go, so it leads to a chaotic play style. I'm hoping this app will help curb the chaos. :eek: hopefully we will see it this week!

19. Azazel1978

Azazel1978 New Member

Nov 29, 2011
    IT
    Windsor, Connecticut
    Just roll with it, I love the Chaos and the overwhelming amount of side quests and misc. tasks. I'm 118 hours into it and I've only done a few of the main story line quests, but I've done over 120 misc. tasks and unlocked over 125 locations and cleared about 30 dungeons. I know I will be playing this game for a LONG time and I will get my $60 out of this game!

Now if only I had this app. !!! LOL

20. rickblalock

rickblalock Member

Nov 23, 2011