Universal Mos Speedrun (by Physmo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 6, 2011.

1. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Heh, I haven't seen this post before ;) So maybe it is, and I regret I didn't betatest it more... But, there is still plenty of people who finished Commander Pixman, judging from Game Center scores.

2. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i can vouch for that. i have all 3stars and blades on the first 30 levels, and more. i even have them on some of the first blood and extra levels.

3. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Physymotone, what are you working on at this point, new content, or a new game?

4. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi, we're doing some work on new game prototypes and some content for Mos too - keep an eye on Physmo's twitter feed for any news :)

In the meantime there's some Mos web levels you can play if you go to the Physmo web site from within your iPhone/iPod browser (www.physmo.com)

T

5. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Sounds good, can't wait for the update. I appreciate that you guys realize the importance of difficulty platformers should have. Most people want everything to be easy nowadays, but old school games were always very challenging.

DLed extra levels, they were great. It's too bad it doesn't save the statistics.

6. Fractalrock

Fractalrock Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    #446 Fractalrock, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    I've been trying to download this since late Thursday evening and keep getting "this item is being modified try again later". This is the only app that I've had a problem with as I've downloaded two others since then. Reported the problem and emailed the Dev. Has anyone heard anything about it or had a similar problem?

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =o)

Is there any chance we could get Joypad support? I'd LOVE to be able to play this on my iPad using my iPod as a controller...

Since getting my iPod, LOE has went and stole the #1 spot from Mos on my favorite speedrun games list... and all because it has Joypad support...

=o/

8. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    #448 touchchamp, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Does anyone have a list of what levels costumes are in? I found 5, but after playing for about 10 hours, I can't find the other 3.

Also, is it a bug when the complete all levels under time limit is achieved, but complete any level (except the first) under time limit isn't?

I also can't post a tweet. It simply keeps giving me a error - could not post. I tried my login with my username and with my e-mail address to no avail.

I also tried to get the collect 50 coins after dying achievement using the bonus levels you add through your website and that won't get activated for some reason even after several tries.

9. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    On sale now 99c/69p
    Worth it?

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oO

How can you not have this yet?!?!?!?
    YES it's worth the purchase! Snag it now!!!!

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Any chance widescreen support is coming?

12. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    The game just got updated, and boy it's really GREAT news:

- Widescreen iPhone 5 support (YES!!) and new 'Prestige Mode'
    - New quick access 'restart level' button
    - Updated icon and DPAD graphics
    - Video recording now higher resolution
    - iOS7 support

I just played through a couple of levels, the game works flawlessly as always. With widescreen support I can finally enjoy the game without fighting with the controls.

Thank you devs for a great update!

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Holy crap. I really did not expect an update for this... but I'm SO FREAK'N GLAD that it's come! =oD

Playing through the first world again for the first time in months, I'm falling in love with the game all over again. The new addition of the Prestige Mode (get through as many levels as you can, as quick as you can on one life), along with the new leaderboard... and of course, the widescreen support... has definitely made sure that Mos will last another couple years, at least...

Anyway... if anyone that's into speedrun platformers that have badges that will have you playing and replaying levels, exploring every inch of the fantastic level design looking for skulls, new costumes, trying to find all of the coins, and of course, besting your (and the worlds) best times... you NEED to get this game. Personally, I put it above LoE and definitely in the #1 spot for my favorite speedrun platformers on the iOS (and in the top 5 on any gaming platform - if you want to include Sonic and Super Meat Boy).

THANK YOU PHYSMO!!!

14. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Thanks for the heads up, guys - reinstalling this bad boy.

Cheers Physmo. :)

15. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Glad you like the update - it's taken us a while to get round to supporting widescreen :)

The new version should also work with the new ios7 game controllers (although we didn't have any to test with). If anyone gets one and wants to try it let me know how you get on.

Tone

16. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    We've added a special touch arcade web level - it's here if you want to try it out: mosspeedrun://TOUCHARCADE (click the link on your phone and it'll load up Mos with the level)

Tone

17. nickd3000

nickd3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    indie game developer
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I hope you're all enjoying the new version!

Just wanted to say that in prestige mode you don't need to complete levels quickly so you can take your time and be careful.

Cheers

Nick

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    This sounds great! Will the update come to the Mac version too? I bought that, thinking that my sucking might be due to the fact that I was playing on iPad, which is not ideal for platformers. I still suck, but it has been fun to replay the game. MOS is definitely one of my favorite IOS platformers, which makes it even more sad that I apparently suck at it.

I'm still stuck at level 4-1. I think have played it so often now that my brain is just wired to fail this level. I also need 14 more badges to unlock world 5, so I'm just stuck. I wish I could skip this level and try 4-2. Something like after x tries, give an option to give up and try the next level. Have you considered something like that? I just checked the leaderboards, and it looks like only about 10% of the players who finished world 1 finished world 4, so maybe I'm not the only one who got stuck at some point but would love to play more.

19. Th3R3n3gad3

Th3R3n3gad3 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Can I have a link of the custom levels

20. insertcoin

insertcoin New Member

Jan 22, 2015
    The very reason I registered this account in the TA forums is to say thank you guys, thank you for this game.

MS still has a special place on my phone for being the tightest and most rewarding j'n'r experience on mobile.

Platformers on mobile still have a hard time. Decades after the big N set the bar for the 'controls experience' of jnr's, most games lack controls excellence - even with external gamepad that is. MS still stands alone with the best 'jump' around.

Just my opinion of course.

Exited to see your next step!

Cheers