iPhone Eufloria HD - (by Omni Systems)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Raritea

Raritea Member

Nov 29, 2012
    I replay Eufloria quite a lot. More levels would be good, but more depth is really what I'd like now. I play Endless space on the Mac, while on Eufloria I am trying to beat my times and find the last object. The two goals are often incompatible. I think Eufloria is a gateway 4x so it would be nice to see a little more mechanic added to these new levels, just as enhanced seedlings are added later.

2. sillytuna

sillytuna Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    A few bits of news:

• We've had the game on a sale but we expect to end that shortly so if you want to take advantage of the cheap price, now is the time to do it.
    • We're strongly considering adding more content in the summer (and we've taken note of feedback in this thread). Some would be free, some would be pay for and would be intended purely for fans of the game - we're not shifting to an IAP model, this would be DLC.
    • Android owners *cough* should be getting a significant speed update in the next week or two, at least on recent devices.

In the meantime, we've been playing with some fun ideas for spin off projects & a sequel as well as working on Eufloria Adventures (a sort of rogue-like heading to PSM first).

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I don't think I've said this yet - but I LOVE you guys for supporting the iPhone 5's widescreen. I really REALLY hope you guys can add more content... even if it is IAP/DLC, I'd totally feel alright coughing up a couple more bucks (well... more than a "couple" actually, as I've said before...) for new Eufloria gameplay.

Anyway, thanks so much for updating for the widescreen. It's great playing on my phone without boarders on the edges... and this is one of only a few of my favorite iOS games that have been updated for the new hardware... so it means a lot to me.

4. sillytuna

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK

We are going to look at adding a new story mode in the summer :)

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ooooo this just got an update !!!

How's the story mode comin along?

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #146 ColeDaddy, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    Finally, one of my favorite games of all time getting a much needed update!

7. sillytuna

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    #147 sillytuna, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    Sorry to disappoint, this is a bug fix for more recent devices which had a problem in Dark Matter mode. Everything else got delayed due to our Eufloria Adventures prototype taking a lot longer than hoped so plans have had to be rethought somewhat.

We're currently talking over Eufloria's future - no decisions made yet. I'd love to do a sequel but it's a decision for Rudolf Kremers and he has about a million projects on the go. If you more be sure to say so and I'll tell him when I see him next week!

At this point if we do more with Eufloria it really needs to be in a fresh code base and with a fresh mind. From a creative and technical point of view it's tough returning to something from a few years ago as we all have other ideas to make, so our preference is to move those ideas into a sequel. I've already rewritten all the graphics code to be more flexible (see E A screenshots) and completely moddable.

Sequel wise, I know some people want to see on-line multiplayer but it's not the easiest thing to do with Eufloria (to say the least - and we'd be on multiple platforms) and I'd have to code that as well as whatever other game changes we do - I only have so much time unfortunately! I'd like to add an editor though so people can create their own levels and share them if we can find a way to do that.

I'd like the core game to stay the same but add some more game modes for both faster and more relaxed/gardening style play, fix the way the beacon trees work (so they act as relays), add a little more variation, an editor...

Other ideas?

EDIT: Anyone is welcome to contact us about being a tester so they can have a sequel free in return for feedback :) I'll post up at the time. Should Eufloria Adventures make it to iOS it'll be the same deal. It runs on iPhone 4+ and iPad 2+ but we need to find a solution to the control system on touch devices that works, as well as do some further dev on the game. Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xplhu1tHU8s

8. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This is a very good rts,I wonder if it works on iOS 9/10...

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yes it still works, I just checked.

10. sillytuna

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    Still works although we're looking into a 64 bit rebuild (not necessarily trivial) so we can remove the iOS 10 warning and do one or two other things.

Also working on Eufloria RPG which is approaching alpha internally. You can follow progress on Pivotal :)

https://www.pivotaltracker.com/n/projects/1429682

11. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Any update on this? IOS11 about to kill it :,(

12. sillytuna

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    We're testing an iOS11 compatible build :)

13. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    That's great news. This is one of my all-time favorite games

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010