Beta testing sites

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shooks, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    What are/is the best site for finding offers for beta testing Ipod/Iphone. I know TA and Ibeta test but are there any other good ones? Thanks.

2. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
  3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

personally, i dont even use ibetatest. tA is all i need! i mean, if i can get into caligo chaser testing or IMO testing or wheeler's treasure testing or... well, you get my point!

4. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    I prefer to go to Devs instead of them coming to me, I don't get to test as many apps/games, but I get to test only ones I'm highly interested in which makes for a better experience IMO.

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    iBetaTest is horrible. The site is really nice, but, overall it sucks.

6. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    This is why I don't use it. I hear all too often that the dev-tester interaction is limited which could lead to a buggy or plain bad game.

TouchArcade dev request usually lets devs handle how they want to interact with testers.

The only other way I know to test a game is to send the dev an email requesting to test their game.

7. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yea that's the major flaw; I have no idea how to communicate with the devs. You submit your application to test the game, then if you're accepted you get an automated e-mail from iBetaTest giving you the info, etc.

If I'm not able to communicate with the devs, I find testing pointless..I'm sure there's some way to get in touch with them, but its just too much of a hassle. TA is a better place because the devs are active and you can get in touch with them easily.