Why is Astro Ranch going free now!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Donovan1209, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I payed $3 on the game as soon as it came out... then I get betrayed with it staying free! Why Tag Games why?! I don't see why you had to go free either!

2. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    It was in collaboration with http://freeappaday.com/index.php, one of those free app each day websites.
    For some reason, they haven't switch back to being paid... unless they are keeping it free.

3. dream

dream Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Because they hate you and want to make you miserable over $3.

4. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    I'm pretty angry too. First they plague us with the unacceptable bugs, and now it drops to free. :(

5. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    The best post I have ever seen on this site

6. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    It's 3 bucks suck it up

7. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Holy Crap! He has his own website now? Awesome.

8. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    They're keeping it free

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    That brought a tear to my eye!

10. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Well, you're screwed. XP

11. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    I love that the update they just released -- the one all of us who supported the game at three bucks a pop will be downloading to see if it actually fixes any of the numerous problems with the game -- cheerily declares, "Now free to play!" :rolleyes:

12. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Hi,

For 'Free to play' please read 'free to trial' - the game is not Free, in much the same way We Rule or Eliminate are not really free games!

Please bear with us as we transition between the two versions. We do have an issue with the DLC element but it has been updated and now awaits Apple review. Hoping for a fast turn around but you never know. We do apologise for the annoyance this problem is causing, but often things dont go smoothly when you do them for the first time. Even Ngmoco with their millions didnt have a smooth start with We Rule!!!

Bottom line is if you paid for the game upfront it will recognise this and you'll have the full 'premium' experience open to you as before. You'll even get some new exclusive content in the next update!

We do have a new update due out sometime next week which will address the crash bugs still remaining. It also adds new quests and a bit more content and gives premium players some exclusive costumes and furniture.

Work continues to reduce load times on the lower spec devices but I dont think we'll be able to do too much here.

One final thing is that the game does auto save at the end of each day, when you enter the house and other buildings. Problem is that if you have a crash the data is not saved. Solution is to fix the crashes so that has been our focus. That has been demanding due to how much AR pushes the memory limits of the lower devices but we are making steps forward.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to update you on progress. Astro Ranch is far from forgotten, we continue to support and improve it and try new methods of promotion.

thanks
    P

13. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Thanks Paul, looking forward to the update, been in love with this since day one so I can live with the bumps along the way, it just stays fresh every time I play.

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

so will the paid players still be required to pay for the DLC?

15. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    He says that prevoius players will get the dlc and even exclusive content.

16. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    lol! :D