iPhone Rainbow Link

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jeffsim, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jeffsim

jeffsim Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Program Manager
    Seattle, WA
    Hi everyone!

We've just completed work on a new type of puzzle game - Rainbow Link. It's a combination of matching and linking games, wrapped in great artwork and entrancing sounds.

We've got full Game Center support with 35 achievements and 10 leader boards. "Kids" mode makes the game great for kids of all ages (my 4 and 6 year old boys can't get enough of it - although they may be biased :)).

If you like fruit linking games, we hope you'll love Rainbow Link!

[​IMG]

Here's a video we just released. Hope you like it!

You can follow us on Facebook for release updates on this and other games we've got in the pipeline.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wanderling-Games/330035913694615

For more information on Rainbow Link, swing by our site at www.wanderlinggames.com

Thanks for reading!
    Jeff

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      529.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      281.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      731.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      315.1 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      322.2 KB
      Views:
  2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    It looks very nice, but I would suggest you have a light or free-IAP version so folks can try it before buying. The market is so saturated with match 3 style games that it will be difficult to stand out. Good luck!

3. jeffsim

jeffsim Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Program Manager
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks for the feedback and the tip! I'm worried about about the same thing, and have gone back and forth on the idea. The seemingly negative impressions towards IAP leave me hesitant to implement it :p.

I've also got iAD fully built in in the expectation of building a free ad-powered version, but I disabled it because the ads felt out of place. I expect you're right, and I'll re-enable it for a free version soon after it ships...

My current plan is to ship it, see no one pick it up without a free version, and then feel justified in shipping an ad- or IAP-powered version ;-).

Thanks again!
    Jeff

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I think the total aversion by many posters here to IAP is silly, but caused by the abuses of a number of the freemium games. I personally have no issue with getting a game and unlocking the full version via IAP. It seems like the most sensible model to me, both for users and developers.

In any case, I look forward to trying out your game. And yes, I will likely wait for some sort of free version, because I already have so many great match 3s.