RISKY RESCUE - new game from creators of Timberman coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by pstal, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pstal

pstal Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    #1 pstal, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Hi,

I'm glad to announce that Risky Rescue - new game by Digital Melody will be released May 21.
    It's really demanding arcade game with innovative controls.

I will publish some more info in this thread soon, but let's start with some artwork from the game, we hope you'll like it.

[​IMG]

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yes please!

3. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Developer
    Well... some more information would be helpful.

4. pstal

pstal Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Some more info about the game...

Risky Rescue is about flying and saving the people :). Choppers (or other flying vehicles) are controlled with very simple (but innovative) two-touch controls.
    On each level player is expected to collect all the victims and return to the landing.
    Initially there will be two modes available - levels and endless mode. There is also expected multiplayer mode in one of the updates.
    The main goal of the game is to pass all the levels in all the sceneries - some of them are really hard (thanks to many different dynamic obstacles like windmills, barriers, ships, planes, balloons, etc).

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

[​IMG]

5. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Developer
    Tell us more about your innovative controls. Controls could make the difference.

6. pstal

pstal Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Dark Style, I'm sending some short gameplay video to give you the feel of the gameplay.
    I'm really curious if you'll guess how the controls work :).

Some better trailer coming soon!

7. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    A mixed of flappy and retry

8. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Developer
    Thanks for this short gameplay video. I do not see (as djstout did) Retry there. I assume that it is a combination of Timberman and FlappyBird: By tapping left/right on the screen you are FlappyBird-ing to the left/right. The term "innovative" is a bit overrated. ;) Anyhow, it could be another really funny casual game. I hope it is challenging! Looking forward to try it.

9. pstal

pstal Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    #9 pstal, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Good point about similarities to Timberman and Flappy Bird, however controls are a bit different - you can simply "hold" left or right to go up left / right, when releasing you go down left or right (in direction in which you recently flew up). In addition to this, many choppers have "boost" using two touches in the same time. I haven't seen games with such concept and that's why I wrote "innovative" :)
    Some people told it's like a mixing old-school snake game (the similarity here is you collect things and most of levels are "one screen" levels) with flappy bird (you need to be very careful and fast on some levels).

Many people have said the game is really difficult (too difficult) on further levels, however I love difficult games :D.

10. pstal

pstal Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Risky Rescue should now be out in New Zeland, can anybody from NZ confirm that? Thanks in advance!