Universal Subway Surfers (By Kiloo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    This game just gets better and better with each update! Now let's see if the lag bug got squashed. :)

Thanks Kiloo!

2. Bravo Two

Bravo Two Well-Known Member

Hmm. Got a lag at 190k, and crashed into a wall, but it didn't happen the second time. I will test this further. I think it is some background process of the phone taking place that results in the lag, since those lag are usually a few seconds long, and will also happen before a push notification pops up or when someone sends you a message (while the majority of the processes take place without displaying anything to the user).

3. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Went up to 650,000 and worked flawless(used to get mild lag there). I would get the worst lag at 800K. Haven't been able to reach that yet. :p

Will report once I do. :)

4. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

We've been focused on optimizing the last couple of weeks and found a lot of stuff that should help on lagging and memory usage. We are still getting some feedback about lag, but I think they could also be related to Facebook or Game Center log-on.

5. Bravo Two

I did not connect Subway Surfers to my Facebook account so I don't think that is an issue for me, and according to the console in the iPhone Configuration Utility, Subway Surfers completes its connection to Game Center before the run starts (I can see it pulling out a bunch of scores in the console). I will plug my device into the computer and play with the console screen on so that I can see if any system messages are reported during the lags. What I see so far is that my device is making frequent connections to check emails. I will test if these things are related to the occasional lags.

6. Alxone

Alxone New Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Hi! I have a newbie question: if i delete subway surfers from my ipad and install it again will i lose the coins/progress i made? Thank you!

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Yes:(
    Trust me I did it...

8. Bravo Two

#508 Bravo Two, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    I looked up the console and found the following:

Code:
    Dec 12 16:11:55 Antonys-iPhone MobileMail[8683] <Warning>: ERROR: MFMessageErrorDomain/Authentication Failed - The user name or password for “some.domain.com” is incorrect.
    This message appears every time the lag occurs. It happens 3 times during the game: at 500k, 1.5M and 2.8M (where it kills my character during the lag, ending with a new highscore for me: 3.9M).

The game is now much smoother than before and I can easily reach 2M beating all my friends except Simon (you and your team are awesome ;)). So the thing causing the lag now is that my phone is checking emails while I am playing the game. Maybe turning it off temporarily will help.

Update: The game performance is greatly improved. Though lag still occurs from time to time, it is much less frequent than before. I can easily break my own record and I just got 5.8M with little effort. :)

9. Kiloo_Jeppe

Good to hear and thanks for the help Bravo!

We were anticipating the performance to be great improved, but it's great to get some additional information from real life game situations.

10. Fritzle

Fritzle New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    #510 Fritzle, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    Hey there Jeppe,

First of all, I absolutely love Subway Surfers! I've been playing it for only 10 days now (a pity I didn't discover it any quicker) and most-likely will for the foreseeable future lol.

My max score so far is 1.1M, I maxed out all powerups, am on mission 48, have unlocked 3 characters so far, no extra boards yet, and unlocked all of the trophies.

But as far as Game Center goes (I'm playing on the latest iOS release: 6.0.1, on an iPhone 5), it's ... well ... kind of a mess really.

I've done the stuff that certain achievements require over and over again under various circumstances, yet they don't unlock in Game Center.

"Highscore Chaser - Score 400k points" is stuck at 99%, and I've gotten way over 400k points.

"It's a Bird, it's a Plane - Pick up 5 jetpacks in 1 run" is stuck at 80% although the highest amount of jetpacks I've gotten in a single run was 8 - and I'm 100% sure about this, not only have I been counting every time, I sometimes had missions where I needed to get 4 jetpacks in 1 run and I got a few more during that same run after the mission was accomplished, comfortably putting me over the requirement of 5.

Same goes for "Attractive - Pick up 6 magnets in 1 run" where my best is 9 and stuck at 83%, "Puss in Boots - Pick up 6 super sneakers in 1 run" where my best is 7 and stuck at 83%, and "Double or Nothing - Pick up 6 double multipliers in 1 run" where my best is 9 and stuck at 83%.

I've done the requirements to unlock those like 20x by now, and still nothing unlocked. It didn't matter if I had Game Center running in the background or not, signed in before I started Subway Surfers, had only those 2 apps running, etc.

"Tricky Treasure - Get 30k score without collecting coins" is stuck at 99%, I've used the headstart 1000 boost which got me well over 30k without having collected any coins (and I purposely ran into trains so that I would really have a score of 30k without having collected any coins during that run).

"Alignment - Complete 2 missions in 1 run" I've done this at least 5x by now and it continues to be stuck at 50%; one time I even completed 3 missions in 1 run and still nothing.

"Allergic Reaction - Score 200k without using powerups" is stuck at 99% and I've had runs where I got up to 276k without collecting any powerup, not even a mystery box.

"Superior - Use 6 hoverboards without crashing in 1 run" my best is 14 hoverboards and stuck at 83%.

3 friends of mine have experienced similar issues with some of those achievements (there doesn't seem to be any logic as to what is causing the bug though, they have some of the ones I'm missing, and vice versa).

Someone recommended removing the app and installing it again, but I'm scared this would delete all my achievement data and highscores, etc.

I'd highly appreciate it if you could tell me what's going on, the game is still tons of fun to play, but the Game Center issues are like smudges that I've wiped off a dozen times now but are still there :/

Kind regards and keep up the good work :)

11. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Game has been crashing on me quite a bit since the update. Usually when I'm on the menu page and so maybe it's popup ad ralated. iPad 3 running iOS 6.0.1.

I haven't been able to get the 2 missions in 1 run trophy either.

12. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    And now the daily challenge isn't working. It's been stuck at 00:00:00 for hours now. Hmm. Anyone else?

13. Bravo Two

Probably a server issue. Just give the developers some time to fix it when they get back to office.

14. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    zombie runaway type and i like it:D

15. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hi! Can't reproduce the error on my own device, do you still have the problem? The servers can get some downtime occasionally due to a lot of traffic. Sorry to hear about your crashes, I haven't seen anything specific on the iPad 3, do you see any pattern in the crashes or are they mainly random? The more details the better.

16. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hi! Thanks for the kind feedback, I'm glad you liked the game and that you found it in the app store :)

I can't say for sure what's wrong with the Game Center achievements. I will however have the team take a look at those specific ones again. Sometimes Game Center can be a bit weird and be quite slow to update (weeks instead of instantly), but it could also be the game that's missed some of your pickups etc.

If you are signed into Game Center or Facebook, your highscore and achievements are saved even if you delete, but you will lose all coins, powerups etc. so I wouldn't recommend it. I'll see if we can discover any issues with the achievements in question, but I know that they've been working on our devices going through standard bug testing and quality assurance.

Will let you know if we find anything, so stay tuned!

17. Bravo Two

#517 Bravo Two, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    It's back on now.

I don't know about the crashes on main screen. But in one occasion the app crashed as I was about to get a jetpack. The console says the app exited unexpectedly on status 1.

I can't complete the 2 missions in one run achievement either. And the 30000 score without coins achievement is stuck at 99%.

What about a backup feature that links the Game Center account like the one in Bullet Time?

18. Fritzle

Fritzle New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Hey Jeppe,

Thanks for your quick reply and action! I'm on mission 57 now or something, are there still enough ahead after that for me to be able to unlock "Alignment"?

Looking forward to a resolving reply/update and thanks again,

All the best.

19. Kiloo_Jeppe

Yeah, not a problem. We've got endless missions for you guys!

20. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA