Valentines Sales=Verizon Sales?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Osujxu, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Do you think that the recent valentines day sales is partly because of the iphone coming to Verizon? You wouldn't think that Valentines day would cause that many sales. Also, How much do you think that the iphone on Verizon will affect idevice gaming?

2. mid0109

mid0109 Member

Feb 8, 2011
    I'm pretty sure it's both Verizon and then just trying to compete. It seems like whenever one company has a big sale, the other big ones tend to follow suit. I do remember seeing something like "Welcome Verizon" on one of the app descriptions for a Capcom game I believe that was on sale.

Regarding Verizon, the only change is that I think the userbase for iOS will continue to grow. Based on what I've read, this thing is going to be huge. Preorders are thru the roof and there's been a few surveys that show that the majority of Android/Blackberry users on Verizon are either switching to the iPhone or strongly considering it. Obviously all polls should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's still interesting to read about.

Specific to gaming, I just think it's going to increase the userbase, which should help the platform out. More users means more potential customers and more games. That's good for us.

3. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I agree with the above, especially the following line:

As the userbase grows, so do the incentives for developers to create newer and better games. Another non-gaming related benefit is that even people on AT&T's network are going to see an improvement in service as people leave. The whole Verizon thing is a big plus to both AT&T/Verizon customers, and even those from out of the US are going to benefit.