Universal Lili - (by BitMonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I'm in the opposite camp on this one. The controls really look like they fit here.

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #102 TheFrost, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    After some crashes, freezes and things like that I managed to make it work (maybe its the same for touch owners? Look it up, perseverance was the key here) and, while it isnt as pretty (water doesnt move, for example) on an iPhone 4 (iPhone 5 comes in november to Spain, so I cant wait that long) its smooth and very detailed. Loading doesnt take long, Fish Heroes takes thrice as much time, and it only loaded once, so far. Edit: loaded again but for like 2 seconds

I think this is Zelda for iOS, has the feeling, looks and sound, many different missions, lots of cutscenes, absolutely outstanding for an iOS game

Controls actually are very good and havent had an issue so far, well made and easy to use, love them.

The is IAP, to buy gold and flowers, but you can collect them also ingame, there are treasure chests, gold coins and flowers everywhere, and you use that gold to buy at the shop ingame, and for an exploration game, it makes sense that you have to search for them (no sword to cut bushes here ;P)

4€ well spent, although I would love to see GameCenter (and surprised, thought Apple didnt feature games without GC) and hope its long (will say something here as soon as I finish it)

(Updated with more info)

3. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I complained earlier about the description of innovative controls and how I hated that. BUT they are awesome here. Hoooray.

Tap anywhere to start walking, double tap to run and swipe to turn the camera/you. This is everything I had hope Horn would be like control wise. Great job. :):)

And again Hoooray.

4. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Sounds a lot like the control system in Brandnewboy, its a scheme im comfortable with. I might have to bite, this looks amazing.

5. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Ok I'm sold. I'm getting this immediately. Thank you Sanuku, killercrow and the rest of the users for helping me make a decision. :)

6. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    think I will buy it!
    thanks for impressions guys

7. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I decided to download this game after seeing the game play video. It kinda looks like something I would like. :)

8. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Downloading now. Looks awesome. Can't wait to see it on the iPhone 5. I hope they plan on adding Game Center soon. Can't believe it isn't in this game now...

9. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    The new streetfighter has a lot better graphics/effects then volt.

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well I'm not a hater on the game don't get me wrong it looked liked it did from the video posted. But I'm gonna wait till another comes out maybe super street fighterXtekken comes I don't wanna pay an extra 5 bucks for a game that should just have updated guess maybe they have a restriction on how big an app can be. Plus the big wifi issue on the game now iap induced is a big turnoff for me.

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Well, the last of the 3 spirits mission is challenging... loving the no-combat system so far. Great great game, but have to sleep

12. KookiWooki

Sep 7, 2012
    I really want to play this game but it won't load past the loading screen for me for some reason. :(

It loads up the loading screen just fine and then just kicks me out of the game before I'm able to do anything. I'm currently updating to iOS 6 now though in hopes that it will fix what ever issue this game has with my device.

13. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    Which device are you on?

14. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    My guess touch 4g did I answer the million dollar question

15. KookiWooki

Sep 7, 2012
    Yeah that's right. ;)

16. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    It won't, most likely. Got all the way through the logo a couple of times myself (whereas on iOS 5 it crashed even before that point), but still, tried it maybe twenty times in a row and it never kicked in. It just doesn't run on iTouch 4G as far as I can tell, sadly, no matter what OS you've got loaded.

17. KookiWooki

Sep 7, 2012
    Yeah it definitely doesn't want to work on iPod touch Generation 4 that's for sure. I've done everything I can to try getting it working but with no luck so I guess it's just a wait and hope they fix it situation for me and this game now. :(

18. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    It's actually not a fix and wait situation.

They even put up a notice in the description that says...

*IMPORTANT NOTE:* First generation iPad, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch4G are NOT SUPPORTED. (The new iPodTouch5G IS supported).

19. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    We now this crap NOW!! Thanks apple.

20. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Fine by me, as I've said multiple times. Not going to blame developers for a small slip-up over an outdated device - I don't even have a proper fulltime job and I still don't mind dropping pocket change like this. Still a shame though. Ah, progress. What can you do? :)