Questions about playing soft launch titles in NZ/CA

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mid83, Aug 15, 2014.

1. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    I live in the US and finally decided to make a NZ account to play free soft launch titles.

I have the account created, I have a couple questions. I figured I'd ask here since I know a lot of you regularly play soft launch titles in NZ, CA etc.

1.) Updates - How are updates handled. Since I'm normally logged into my US account, will I still know an update hit one of my NZ games, or will I need to log into my NZ account periodically to get updates?

2.) Progress when the game launches worldwide - How do you handle a worldwide launch? Do you need to redownload the game in your home country? Do you lose your progress doing this? If so, do you just keep playing the game under your NZ account?

Thanks!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2 Exact-Psience, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    1. When there's an update and you tap the button, it'll ask for your NZ account details automatically.

2. If you have itunes on a computer, download the game from your US account from there. Then use ifunbox to install the US version on your device. That will overwrite the NZ version, and keep all your progress. Just make sure they are either the same version numbers when you download, or the US has a newer version.

^You have to download on a PC first coz you wont be able to download the US version on a device that has the NZ version because the app will say "OPEN" instead of "BUY" or the cloud icon logo.

3. Some soft games have synchro with FB, don't forget to log in, like that on your us account, you'll have your save. For the others, do like my budd up there said.