One Spear Savage -- Arcade Arena Action [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gareth.jenkins, Jan 6, 2014.

1. gareth.jenkins

gareth.jenkins Active Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Founder and lead developer at Deckbound
    #1 gareth.jenkins, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    One Spear Savage is an action arena spear-em-up. Fight a bunch of savages on randomly generated maps with JUST ONE SPEAR.

The game was originally built for the recent Ludum Dare game jam (#28: You Only Get One) -- in December 2014. Between festive celebrations and a bit of downtime from bigger projects, we've polished it up and it's being submitted to the App Store late January - it'll be available as a paid universal app.

On launch it'll have 3 maps (Jungle, Snowstorm and Volcano), with two versions of each and 3 game modes (Death Match, Capture the Flag and Death Race), with Game Center leaderboards for each.

Go get your spear, savage!

The game will be released 27th February, and will be $1 for the launch week. $3 thereafter. More about the game at the One Spear Savage website.

[​IMG]

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
  3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Good concept!

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It looks rather savage!

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Just subscribe this thread, wait for more info

6. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #6 Echoen, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    Is there a single player mode? How is multiplayer with international players? As an example, Fright Fight is impossible for competitive play in the Philippines.

7. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Great concept, looking forward to try multiplayer :)

8. gareth.jenkins

Nov 26, 2009
    Echoen -- it's all single player. Player vs spawned enemies/savages. Depending on game mode, you go up against a different number of them -- and they respawn on different timers/conditions.

MikeNintendo -- me too ;) though it won't be v1. If we can get some traction though we'll be trying it out to see how it works... I think it'll work really well on certain game modes.

9. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Ah cool. Sounds like something I'd play. :) I'll be watching this!

10. gareth.jenkins

Nov 26, 2009
    Update: there's a web-based (Unity plugin required) playable preview of the game available at http://game.36peas.com/onespearsavage/oss-preview.html -- this will be up for at least the next week or two while the app's in review. It's effectively complete, but won't show progress against map & mode achievements, nor will it show you global high scores. Enjoy ;)

11. gareth.jenkins

Nov 26, 2009
    Release date and price

After deliberating multiplayer (and deciding against it for now at least) and considering publishing options, I'm pleased to announce that One Spear Savage will be released 27th February 2014.

We'll be discounting the game to $1 for the launch week. See you on the leaderboards!