Infinity Blade Details

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by zman2100, Nov 24, 2010.

1. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
  2. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #2 tsharpfilm, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
    I'm glad some details about this game are finally spilling out, but, is it just me, or do they seem to be giving a bit too much away? I've never seen every detail slowly combed over an iPhone game like this. Still, I look forward to the release. Hopefully all the hype is building for a surprise Thanksgiving (November 25th) debut.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Thank you for the post! I have to say I'm just about as interested in this as aralon now. Can't wait to buy it on debut day.

4. zman2100

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    I think we're seeing a lot of coverage simply because of the Unreal Engine 3 being used on iOS and the fact that Chair is a great developer doing it. IGN certainly is devoting more coverage to it than they have any iPhone game ever. Also with so much talk about this being such a unique combat system I think people are interested in hearing about how it actually performs and plays when someone other than a dev is telling you about it.

You're welcome :D

5. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Thanks for the links, OP. They're very informative. The whole leveling up items and carrying them over to new games sounds like it will add a lot of replay value.

There's one quote from the third article that has me a bit worried, though:
    If the difficulty scales up too quickly, it could introduce massive slippery slope and might end up as a game that's inaccessible to less skilled players. I don't want to make any assumptions just based on a couple sentences, but I hope the devs balance this aspect very carefully.

6. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

But wouldn't your character grow as well?

I think the realllllllllyyyyyy addicting part will come with multiplayer.

Using all of your earned attributes, abilities, skills and swag to own the competition.

People complain about this having some repetition, yet, Modern Combat 2 is repetitious too.

5 maps, over and over and over....to get to the top level, becomes a tired grind.

Still fun, though.

7. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Man I cannot wait for this game to come!

Also, I didn't see this anywhere but has there been any confirmation/denial that this game will run on the 3GS?

8. Axidrain

Axidrain Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    it will run on 3gs. :D but nothing lower than that tho.

9. zman2100

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    It sounds like the game is made to make you fail multiple times before you have success. I'm sure that the devs have it where you will be able to eventually defeat the God King after x number of playthroughs.