How do I find a list of pre-order games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by deresi, Apr 5, 2018.

1. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    The iOS11 app store has introduced a pre-order system. But can I find a list of pre-order games? Or is there a place to tell it?

Pre-order games in the US App Store are limited.

Developers expect to sell their game in pre-order. Users can get information about upcoming new games.

In some cases, there were discounts on pre-order games. But it does not become a publicity, and it misses opportunity.

Is there a way?

2. rasterzone

rasterzone Active Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Software Engineer
    Michigan, U.S.
    The new App Store has a Pre-Order section for games. It's only in iOS 11. I can see it on my iPhone X.
    It seems to update daily.

How I get there:
    *Go to the App Store app
    *Tap the Games button at the bottom
    *Scroll down past the top lists and Moments of Zen and you'll find a Pre-Order Section near the bottom.
    *Tap "See All" and you'll see the latest games for pre-order.

You need iOS 11.2 to actually place a pre-order.

-Alan

3. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Thank you. However, the list of pre-orders there seems to be limited. For example, Simon the Sorcerer was Pre-Order, but not in the "See All" corner (it was a Pre-Order Limited discount, but many users did not know it).

P.S
    Your "Harry and Larry" looks good on the Pre-Order App Store entry. Congratulations on the release. :)

4. rasterzone

rasterzone Active Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Software Engineer
    Michigan, U.S.
    Thanks! :)

-Alan

5. NemoidStudio

NemoidStudio Well-Known Member

Still available?

As of today (may 16th) I can't find a Pre-Order Section on the App Store on my iPad (iOS 11.3).

Can anyone confirm it's gone?