Universal Nexomon Monster Capture

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nexomon, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Nexomon

Nexomon Member

Nov 28, 2016
    #1 Nexomon, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

We have been working on this project for quite a while now, and today we are very excited to share with you Nexomon's first official teaser! Prepare for an amazing monster capture adventure!

Capture, train and evolve 300+ fantastically animated HD monsters while adventuring an epic quest in a huge world that spans 10 different regions! Forests, mountains, cities, jungles, volcanoes, beaches and more!

Please support us by following and sharing our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NexomonGame for the latest news and updates. Of course, I will also keep this thread updated and answer your questions!

You may also visit our forums that have been created just today: http://www.nexomon.com/forums - they are pretty much empty at the moment, but we hope to build a large and strong community eventually.

2. Airsoftpopcorn

Airsoftpopcorn Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Any idea on a release date?

3. Nexomon

Nexomon Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Hello!

My best guess is around January 2017. We have a lot of progress done. All the monsters are completed, most of the maps are finished, and the story is going strong!

4. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Is it an auto battler or do you get to choose attack, skill, run like real turn based RPGs ? The mons learn different skills and you have the in battle menus you can choose different skills to use and stuff

5. Nexomon

Nexomon Member

Nov 28, 2016
    #5 Nexomon, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Hey there,

It is just like a real turn based RPG. You can select a skill to use, use an item, or run away. And yes, the monsters learn different skills as they level up, and you can select which four to equip at any time.

6. Dema

Dema Member

May 16, 2016
    Will there be any multiplayer?

7. Nexomon

Nexomon Member

Nov 28, 2016
    It is not entirely clear if multiplayer will be enabled in the same day as the initial launch.

Our battle system was developed with the possibility of multiplayer in mind, so creating a multiplayer patch one or two weeks after the first launch would be feasible if the game appears to be doing well enough to support the servers.

We do hope that people will enjoy the (awesome) single-player campaign first, and in all likelihood when you are done with the campaign you'll have a patch ready to fight the best tamers in the world :]

8. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    I wish it was January already #

9. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    The art and animations look fantastic - which is a huge draw for monster capture games. The fact that this will have a traditional turn based experience is music to my ears.

I think many would be interested in the commercial model involved, and whether there will be the ability to catch monsters in the wild or via the IAP model (whether directly or with a premium currency random pull).

To me the sweet spot is a limited game with a premium unlock and future content unlocks via IAP, but always happy to try these games and give honest feedback. Best of luck in finishing the features and looking forward to seeing you engaged in the community!

10. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm new to Pokémon and got Sun/Moon for the 3ds and love it. While I've tried micromon and others I never got into them loved Teeny titans. If this could be a cross between both Pokémon and Teeny titans this could be amazing!

11. Nexomon

Nexomon Member

Nov 28, 2016
    #11 Nexomon, Nov 29, 2016
    Neither can we!

Thank you! We appreciate your support!

You will catch monsters in the wild. Every single creature and aspect of the game will be available without needing to use IAPs. You can't buy monsters using IAPs, but you can probably buy random eggs in a similar fashion as Micromon (but you don't need to).

We are designing this game to be fully enjoyable without the need for IAPs. All monsters, missions and regions are available and reachable as you advance through the campaign!

Hm, I took a look at Teeny Titans. Frankly I cannot say that Nexomon resembles it very well - it is most definitely on the side of Pokémon. However, I can tell you that Nexomon will be a very robust monster capture product!

12. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Any news on pricing? Really hope this isn't a free to play... and i hope this doesn't requires internet to play

13. Nexomon

Nexomon Member

Nov 28, 2016
    #13 Nexomon, Nov 30, 2016
    I'm afraid pricing is uncertain at this point. We will probably survey our beta testers to determine an appropriate price!

It does not require internet to play. Certainly there will be a few internet functions, such as the IAP store, but the game won't block you in any way from playing it.

14. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Nice!!! Instabuy! Anyways, do you have plans on releasing this on android?

15. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    When's beta

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounds good, I like that you've gone for the different skills for monsters and giving the ability to chose which 4 you have active.

Are all of the monsters of equal strength? Like if you find a level 10 squirrel it'll be just as strong as all the other level 10 squirrels?

17. Nexomon

Nexomon Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Unclear at the moment, but I would assume early January.

We are still tweaking the battle mechanics and other formulas. I believe that two lvl 10 squirrels will not have the same stats - they will vary by a small amount. This might be determined by another stat called Growth Rate, so whoever has the highest GR will be stronger. However, chances are this won't be a substantial difference forcing you to throw away a Nexomon.

That's definitely somewhere in the roadmap. We have the technology to do so, but it is a little harder due to the amount of android devices.

18. Nexomon

Nexomon Member

Nov 28, 2016
  19. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Any updates!? I'm following you on Facebook hoping for something more!