Customized banners or AppStore pages

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by mobilainteractive, Jul 28, 2009.

1. mobilainteractive

mobilainteractive Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I noticed that some feature games, which are relatively low volume and small production (judging by design and feedback) get either special banners or customized AppStore pages. Does anyone know what's involved in getting this stuff? Do you just wait for Apple to notice and contact you, asking for extra graphics or is there some paid promo service that they run?

2. AlexN

AlexN Well-Known Member

It's entirely Apple's choice. They contact you, there's not much you can do that you wouldn't be doing already to get noticed by general consumers. A combination of luck, exposure, and quality/uniqueness.

3. mobilainteractive

Mar 6, 2009
    Thanks for the info.
    I am assuming that you are one of the people who got contacted :)

We seems to get some attention from Apple (for which we are greatful :)). Our app got on both "What's hot" and "New and Noteworthy" lists. I guess we'll just prey for more "attention"..

4. AlexN

AlexN Well-Known Member

Oh no, I've never been contacted or featured. Just repeating what I've seen others say :)

Congratulations on getting featured in both lists, are you seeing a significant improvement in sales or are you disappointed?

5. mobilainteractive

Mar 6, 2009
    ~20x of what it was before the "hot" lists... still not something to retire with :)