Underworlds Update Plans

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by OneEye, May 12, 2009.

1. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Lots of people have asked, so here are here are our current plans for Underworlds. This may all change, so don’t kill me if it turns out a bit differently :).

The 1.1x series will focus on more polish and bug fixes.

We are looking to submit 1.11 next Monday that will include a fix for people who are having a stutter if they had the iPod music app playing before starting UW. There are also a few more spelling fixes (thanks toucharcade users!) and we are getting the app ready for localization (so some behind the scenes work is being done).

1.2 will be the first major content update. We are hard at work on letting you visit a new and larger city and becoming part of a much larger story. 1.2 will also allow your character to advance to at least level 20. We will also try to add some unique monster behaviors for more interesting combat.

1.3 will add the actual text for the foreign languages. The rest of the game features are dependent on what we do with the 1.2 update, so it is a bit too early to talk about that.

2. Patric34

Patric34 Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Excellent !

To level till 20 will we do some new quests ? I havent played version 1.1 but I was wondering if a new class (or 2) are in the work ? So far you guys made an amazing job and I really hope that you continue with great upgrades

3. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Oo it just got moved to the upcoming section, boo. Sounds great though. I'm looking forward to it. I just purchased the game the other day half based on the fact that the devs are active.
    You say it may all change, by 'all' I'm assuming you mean every thing down to the added city and story?

4. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Level 20 will be good, we can get even stronger! I am at level 5 and only have 2 moves, and one is only at level 1, so another 10 levels to get more moves/make them stronger will be good.

5. saivior

saivior Active Member

Feb 23, 2009
    I am wondering if there will be new Feats added with the level increase.

6. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    As we get closer to 1.2 release, that kind of issue will be more flushed out. Right now, we want to be in under-promise, over-deliver mode :).

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I for one hope for different classes & skill trees. Good to know the in-game world will be increasing. :)

8. Requiem667

Requiem667 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Awesome! Can't wait... being stuck at level 10 has it's drawbacks. :D

9. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I would be more interested in new classes over new places to visit and an increased level cap. Not everyone wants to play a warrior.

10. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    I was wondering why i didnt lvl up lol. Also a very wierd thing happend to me after updating i ran the game and i when into my backpack and low and behold there was a women. I choose a man from the start now im a girl. Not that i have anything against them. Any idea why this happened?

11. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Did you choose the blond hair "woman"?

12. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    any specific release date for the content update 1.2?

13. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    Apple makes that nearly impossible with their wildly variant approval process time.

14. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    1.11 is about to be submitted. 1.2 is still at least a month away.

15. Trotgar

Trotgar Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    #15 Trotgar, May 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
    Thanks for the information, nice because I thought v.1.2 would come after about two months.

16. AClockworkSausage

AClockworkSausage Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Systems Analyst
    lol I'm assuming that the person with blonde hair was infact a woman and the portraits have been updated to make it more obvious? :D

17. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    This all sounds very good. A larger town and story would be excellent. However I do agree on wanting a new class (archer maybe?) and some new feats. However, just keep up the good work guys :))

18. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I hope controls get a big improvement. Get's frustrating playing this game with man hands.

19. waveshasper

waveshasper Member

May 19, 2009
    Will this update be free of charge??

20. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    When have you ever had to pay for an update?