Universal Heroes of Order & Chaos - Multiplayer Online Game - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2012.

1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does EVERYTHING give you way too much gold. Kills especially give you tons of gold, taking the emphasis off of objectives.

2. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Crashing on iPhone 4

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im having difficulty connecting. I can connect eventuallly, but it requires me to retry a couple times

4. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    How is this bad? Give you too little and you cry "paywall". Now too much and yet you cry still. Make up your mind...pfffft.

5. kazcat42

kazcat42 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Anyone else worried about revive tokens imbalancing the game?

6. kazcat42

kazcat42 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    From what I read he is talking about individual gaming session gold, not premium currency. In MOBA you start out as a lvl 1 hero with no equipment. Throughout the game you get gold from killing monsters, players or completing quests. At the end of the game all the gold and equipment is reset.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    They are probably looking to make game finish quicker since it is played on a mobile device. I think it's better that they considered that and made it this way.

8. jaaron

jaaron Active Member

Sep 30, 2010
    I'm impressed with how polished it is. Seems even more polished than many other Gameloft titles.

My biggest complaint so far are movement/targeting controls. More than once I feel like I've lost control of my character as he goes off to target something when I want to back-off, or I run into the side of the screen and the window doesn't scroll. I imagine with more practice it'll feel more natural.

Also, currently matchmaking takes a while. Hoping that gets better tomorrow.

In the end though, as someone else mentioned, I wonder if the game will maintain a large enough community to survive. By that I mean, it seems like I need to be on wifi, or at least make sure I have a solid internet connection for 30 minutes or so ... I don't know, sure, I can easily put 30 minutes into an iOS game, but that's usually because I let time get away from me. Few games _require_ a gaming session to last 20+ minutes. One of the reason I like iOS games is that I can often play for 5 minutes or less and then put it aside. If I know I have 30 minutes to play something, I'm likely going to play a game on my PC, particularly when the PC experience is still better for that game style/genre (e.g. FPS).

Again, all that aside, it's an impressive mobile MOBA.

Disclaimer: I work on a PC MOBA.

9. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Is battling with friends thru Local Wifi an option (similar to Modern Combat where the Internet Play is separated from Local Wifi battles)?

10. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    +1

Tons of IAPs. I wish I could pay $5 to have everything unlocked. I hate freemium games. :(

11. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    i can't play this game, i can't seem to connect to their server or whatever, always notifying that i don't have internet connection, dafuq was that?! :(

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Retarded how I cant connect until i've retried about 10 times. Sometimes even more.

Gameloft has to fix their server stability asap unless they want to start losing customers for this game right away.

13. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    If the camera loses focus on your character, you can tap your characters icon on the top left to refocus the camera on the character.

Well I just learned you can actually aim skills by dragging your finger from the skill button towards the middle of the screen. This could be useful for heroes with a dash and if you get stuck in a sticky situation

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    bah... just spent 10 minutes clicking and reclicking OK just to save my talents page, and still couldnt connect to the servers.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dont worry about them. The one who creates games have a choice whether to enable revival runes or not. Im not sure how auto-matches are calculated though.

But at least we know that if there are competitive events, there is a way to disable revive runes.

16. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Is thee a way to change servers? I'm on the Asian one.. I'd rather play on the European/north American servers

17. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    been playing this for over 40mins now..all games were unfinished due to crashing, and sudden disconnection to internet..damn..really a great game! only downside is this is too server sided, and their server is not good atm..now have to delete this on my ipod touch 4g..will play these if there will be an offline support for solo play and local wifi or bluetooth support if i just want to play with friends :D

18. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Played about 15 minutes in, totally forgot I can go back to one tower or whatever it's called and heal up. Played another 15 minutes after that I'm now at 30 minutes into a game (3vs3 solo computer) and I'm still fighting doesn't look it's anywhere near finished....

Getting damn bored..

19. Eikichi

Eikichi Member

Nov 18, 2012
    The game is fun, the only thing that sucks is leavers :/

They should be punished somehow

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    wtf... I just played and won in a 5v5 match and i didnt get any xp or money. F*** your servers gameloft.