Junk Jack X or Terraria?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hausman Prime, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Hausman Prime

Hausman Prime Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Never played either and wondering which one I should get, usually my motto is always get both but in this case I just don't know

2. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    I am also wondering this... Right now I am more swayed towards Terraria but I don't know which to get! I also am hoping to only get one and then pick up the other later... Which is more worthwhile? Does Terraria have everything from the PC version? If it does, we might have a winner... :)

3. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    Afaik Terraria includes everything from at least the PC version of the game. I'm not sure if it got the XBLA features (such as pets), but I haven't really gone too far into it yet.

And this thread should be in general game discussions. :)

4. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Hmmm... I'm being swayed to the side of Terraria... Any reasons why Junk Jack would be a better use of my cash? I hope Junk Jack X is better than the original...

5. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    It has everything from the console version with the exception of a map...

6. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    When you say a map, does that mean a world/level or a map as in a way to find your way around? This may be the last details I need to decide... XD

7. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Terraria, since the new, "Edge of Space" content is coming as well.

Note: This thread should be moved to General Game Discussions and Questions section.

8. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Get both...Junk Jack X is more about the resource gathering and crafting, much like Minecraft but with much more to look for and craft. Terraria on the other hand has that and emphasizes combat as well, with a heavy emphasis on exploration and also looking for that next weapon, NPC, Boss to fight, etc!

If you are a fan of the subgenre both are what one would probably consider as the top tier games of their kind!

9. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    A "find your way around" type of map lol, which isn't present in the PC version to begin with.

The Terraria worlds are massive, randomly generated affairs with multiple themed biomes, each with different loot, monsters and scenery.

10. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Awesome! Especially hearing that the new "Edge of Space" content is coming soon too, Terraria is a no-brainer for me! I don't know why, but I am not a huge fan of crafting, gathering, and cooking and all that... I like just running around exploring and fighting stuff! XD

11. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    As in a in game map to see the world you have generated, parts you have explored, parts you haven't that are shaded, etc. it is not a physical thing like in Minecraft if you are comparing but rather a feature in the console version in the inventory screen section.

12. Hausman Prime

Hausman Prime Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Thanks everybody! think I'm gonna go with Terrari first

13. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    I got both tonight but if I were you I'd get one this week and the other next. :D

14. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #14 tops2, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Thanks for the thread. I was wondering the same thing. I'm leaning towards Terrarina only for the mentioning of combat.

15. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    As others have mentioned, I recommend getting both games even if not at the same time. Both are great games that are worthy of praise, I am still just in shock that both games were released within minutes of each other.

16. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Terraria doesn't have multiplayer though, junk jack x does!

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Yeah..I think if I enjoy one of them, eventually will pick up the other. The main problem is don't have a lot of time for gaming these days... :-/

18. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    How do they run on iPod 4? I will get both if they run without lag

19. MarqueeK

MarqueeK Member

Oct 25, 2012
    In Japan, we don't get a choice.
    JJX is out in the App Store but not Terraria.

20. Stuart98

Stuart98 New Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I don't know about Terraria, but the Junk Jack X beta ran fine on my old iPhone 3GS, so you'll have no problem running it.