Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Yeah, through thick and think, we've stayed together. But patience has its limit too, and EA better know that.

On a separate note, I am 100% certain that if this is the release candidate, WW3 will erupt right here. 1000 new posts at the very least within 24 hours of the game launching officially in New Zealand on the 28th.

2. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    LOL. Wtf is Red Bull trying to achieve by interviewing Firemonkeys? The only thing I can think of is either Red Bull is buying ad space in the game or the Red Bull Ring is going to feature in a future update.

LInk: http://www.redbull.co.uk/cs/Satellite/en_UK/Article/Exclusive-Interview--In-The-Pits-With-The-Man-021243319645120

PS: Looking at the butressing language of the article something is surely up. Feel free to speculate.

From the interview:

We have had a small release in a few countries just to get feedback from players about what they like and what they aren’t happy with before we release to the whole world. We are getting an overwhelming amount of positive feedback, but there are areas of the game that our fans aren’t happy with that we are looking to address.

Yeah, right!

3. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I knew something bad is coming. With service times after first update game was easily playable without need of spending single cent.
    So if I do not update my service times will be same ? I guess they will tweak it on servers as they did before.

4. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    What about the rate of wear? I remember the wear rate for oil was very high (every three events and it'd drop to red) during the initial launch phase, and then they made it last longer with tone of the stealth updates.

Or heck, are the wear rates lower now?

5. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Agreed but a couple redbulls does help me stay awake the 12hrs of waiting for my car to be fixed

6. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Firemint/EA please get rid of all the wait time here, repair time there, IAP all over, wait a little again bullocks and put out a premium version. Slap whatever price tag you see fit for it. Couldn't hurt having two versions letting people choose AND actually enjoy your game? Take a que from the big boys in the console arena eh..

7. No, I am still on the old version, never updated, so in the new version that damage would probably mean between 13-15 hours I figure. I will see tomorrow, but I will hate to update...

Sigh...

Could be such a great game, this and the stupid zombie like ai. I think this is making think of starting the boycott again. Sigh, just when we all were starting to find some gold coins in the dog dung as Lost Deputy famously
    Proclaimed. Where is thr love EA?

8. I forgot, did I ever tell you guys that I don't like wait timers?

Triple??? You gotta be kidding me, I only have two cars.

9. jamespr

jamespr New Member

May 15, 2012
    New Zealand
    Just want to say I am loving the game so far. I have played hours worth of racing and have spent only a couple of bucks to get a third car. It is a shame that so many people in here are angry, I really don't get it.

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I'm a little lost at who EA are targeting here. With the timers the way they are after the update, casual players are gonna delete as soon as they hit a 12 to 15 hour wait to repair the only car they have. The hardcore fans, which I believe is most of us here who have been upbeat about the game this far, and want to put some hours into this, are gonna be frustrated at the small percentage of time actually spent on the track( even with a handful of cars I have had to stop completely at times and wait). Either way I sadly see this being deleted from many devices.
    I hope not, because this is a game that deserves to be held as one of the best racers on any platform, but will be regarded as a could've been Great game instead.

11. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    It is something I believe EA themselves never foretold.

Thing is, the softcore guys (casual gamers I mean) will delete it after the third or fourth race when they send their car for servicing. These guys will know well enough that things like wait timers only ever get worse in freemium games. RR3 is unique in that respect, but they never will know.

The hardcore guys meanwhile will suck it up and play without paying, or simply delete the game and forget about the franchise.

I see only the mid-core dudes forking out some cash.

Plus with crash damages and no way to turn off damages, the casual guys will just get frustrated.

And while I say the mid core guys will fork out some money (some harcore players might too), these are far from the "whales" EA will look to snap. They will just get IAPs to get additional cars or give $9.99 as a thank you gesture.

I stand by my ascertion that somewhere deep in the bunkers where the EA execs are sat, they are rueing the move to freemium.

It is backfiring on EA (testament of which is them fiddling around with the timers to reach a balance favourable to them) and shed no tears of joy when (not if) a premium version of RR3 comes out. Instead, pelt their offices with eggs I say.

12. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Protip: Don't win the weekly challenges. When you win (like I just did) you lose all the players to play with. So no more grinding. Just keep getting second. With 19 players and a win, I got 16.2k bonus and 8.9k for the win itself.

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Irony:
    I haven't raced tonight since the timers have changed, cause I don't want to bang up my car and then not be able to race.

14. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
  15. timicro

timicro New Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Hi guys,

I am just doing endurance record with Bmw 1M on Brands hatch track and i am on around 100km mark. What is the furthest endurance record that you know of? anyone?

Anyway, i love this game! Even initially thought that freeplay system will be rubbish but with this service scheme is awesome and realistic.

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    So I decided to do some racing, for about 15 min race time, I have 3 cars in for service. One will be 6hrs 48 min, 2nd one will be 9.5hrs and the third one will be just over 8 hrs. Time for bed........ Maybe race tomorrow.

17. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    With these timers it is more like ransomeware. You know there is a good game underneath it all but you only get glimpses of it if you're not willing to spend a fortune to negate the timers.

18. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I'm just flat out angry about this. I need to chill. I've been defending this game for days and they just toy with the times back and forth with only a comment from FM to redbull about how much positive feedback they're getting. Assclowns!

Need to find that Enya album ,light a J and play some Cool Pizza

19. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I'm happy to report i've finally deleted this abomination.
    It runs like crap on Ipad3,TSM just sucks,timers are horrible and i really don't want to micro-manage repairs and services in a racing game. I had 5 cars and it didn't improve the fun factor at all. A waste of space and time it has been.

20. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Uh, is anyone else who hasn't updated still able to play the game? It started crashing for me around 11pm (CST) last night, and it's still doing it this morning.

At the beginning of every race, it just crashes at the 3rd cut right before the race starts, whether I tap to skip or just let it run. NONE of them work with any car. Airplane mode doesn't make a difference.