Universal Card Wars - Adventure Time - (by Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 12, 2014.

1. evylution

evylution New Member

Aug 21, 2014
    3 annoying things about the game...

I have been playing this game for about a month--finished it-- and started doing the Card Wars duels section of the game, after giving up on the "beat so and so (mostly the upper levels) with nice lands cards" (because mine are terrible) and also the "beat so and so in five turns". (any tips i will take for sure)

Anyway these are my gripes with the game as far as the duels section goes...

1) How am i losing my streaks? Randomly i log on to play off my hearts and win some points and my deck is no joke--i have only lost a couple of matches to ridiculously powerful decks (i will write about that next)-- and when i log on it does not say my deck was attacked, it has been in the past, but all of the sudden i am back to a "no win" streak. How am i suppose to topple the top player in my bracket if i randomly loose when i know for sure that i haven't? I am not sure if when my deck is attacked i lose my streak; but i am certain there are times when it is not attacked, and i still lose the streak. Trust me i don't back down from a battle and my deck rarely loses. (I am not bragging i am just asking why am i set back to square one with the wins?) It seems totally random. please explain that to me.

2) I have been glitched out of wins before, when the game decides to become "possessed" and freeze when the opponent is going to play a spell. whats going on here? once again how am i suppose to play in a bracket where consecutive wins matter (a lot) and it makes me start over because the bug? please explain what is going on there?

3) I don't know if this is a legit gripe but i faced this deck that was absolutely mental. maybe the person earned the cards, i don't know; but i cannot imagine they won all those black cards. it seemed ridiculous. i took screen shots to show my friends so they will believe me.
    --turn one he went first; and dropped a Fatapillar, Sun King, Camera Dude and Sandasaurus Rex.
    Camera DUD floops and i have no magic points. so around turn four, i get one magic point (thanks to evil Camera DUD); and i use a Witch Way to get a regular Dark Angel on the board to kill the Camera Guy, and stop that foolishness.
    --Camera Fool is murdered during my turn, and then his turn he drops a Timmy Magic Eyes and kills the Dark Angel and the other floopers are just going crazy doing all kinds of wacky things and basically my 195 life points explode and I'm drinking the dummy cup. Is that even possible? If so, whose deck is that? fess up and let us in on the secret on how you got 5 black cards. Maybe they did, I am not saying they didnt work hard for it but i have seen a few sites on "cheats" for the game and am wondering if i was bamboozled by some crazy hack. That deck was crazy mental and if you see a Ricardio that is over 200 health avoid it you gonna loose.
    --Lastly that Camera Dude is just plain silly and horrible. I can see him maybe having the ability to use a falling star on you, but for free cast AND one point of magic? I'm not complaining that I lost and "yay" that this person may have earned the card some people did but that card just makes the game unbearable, when you cant even cast anything for three turns and thats providing you have a Witch Way. That guy needs to be nerfed for sure. Anyone else get a first turn Camera Freako dropped on them and you sat and twiddled their thumbs for 3-4 turns, you can cry to me, i will console you.

2. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.
    #1102 Poetachica, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    First, let me say I'm a huge fan of Adventure Time. Seeing the game on sale, instabuy.

Playing for about a week now, and leveled up to 7, have the following:
    61 cards, 3 heroes, 44 creatures, 8 spells, 6 buildings. 2 rare three star creature cards, 1 three star building card, two 4star spell cards within that deck box. Opened 3 algebraic chests, no IAP, simply completing challenges and had a code for one.

So far, I hit a timer wall once (I'm currently at 11 hearts) and that's because I was playing both 3 & 2 heart challenges or battles. I waited for a couple hours and went back. Discouraged, but I don't like that some battles are with more than one heart. Why level up a hero and then some battles ensue with 2 or 3 hearts? Seems unfair to me. I don't particularly like playing with timers. Had no problem when the battles cost 1 hear though.

The dropping of cards are off a bit. I seem to get a bit spammed by cerebral head storms and such. After finding a guide online, I see only certain cards drop in areas. Could be wrong, but it finally got a different card.

The battle wheel seems way hard for me coming to defense. Spins erratically and too fast. No one is protected. Turning it off makes challenges harder, but perhaps I can practice.

Challenges can come off as annoying or impossible to gain 3 stars and earn a gem. Trying to win with one creature from a faction type is beyond ridiculous-rainbow cards which are "wilds" cannot even be used. So who has both space in their deck box AND at least 10 or more creatures (without spells/buildings) to win?

Running out of cards is disappointing. You basically have to pay a gem to shuffle and continue, or keep taking damage. So...you lose.

Here's the good stuff: the game is visually stunning. There is engrossing gameplay, and the artists went above and beyond 3D artistry to make you feel like you were playing a hero and in a room. Kudos.

I've had no lag at all playing battles online against other players in the tournament. Fast, easy, concise.

I've played both on and offline. I've won cards and seen them all in card box.

Some crafting takes a bit out of you if you don't have all parts. I like this feature though.

Overall, it's a great buy. I wish improvements were made, but I'm glad to play this game. Hopefully I'll XP grind and just try to get the cards I need. It's great strategy to this game.

3. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.

I used a deck consisting of heart creatures and one, the djini that restores hero damage. I took them out fast and quick with a couple of rare cards and volcano. Always attack on empty lanes. Never leave your lanes empty. Defense castle helps too.

If that doesn't help, XP grind and then return to challenge. You'll at least be at a higher level.

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I'm really starting to get into this but I've run into a problem. I ran out of hearts so logged out to play something else. I was at about 10 minutes away from the next heart refill. When I opened th game again, the timer had RESET to 55 minutes. It did this twice. How am I supposed to play? any advice?

5. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.
    This game desperately needs an auto save/hard save and same screen multiplayer mode. I would love to play this with someone, not just their deck and a computer playing for them. Don't really play locally, but same screen? I would love that. This game is just too cool not to have that.

Perhaps even a way to swap a card or two. Crafting is a bit much when drops aren't coming and you get spammed with same cards. You can farm and all, but you definitely need to make your card chest way big, as some cards need 5 or more cards to make just one card.

6. LostDevil

LostDevil New Member

Oct 3, 2014
    New tournaments???

It would be awsome if will be new tournaments with other prizes!!!! (e.g. Gems tournament!!)

7. ChubbyPig

ChubbyPig Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Student, Waiter
    Portsmouth, UK
    There is a glitch in the new Halloween update that allows you to keep claiming free prizes, I have made a YouTube video to demonstrate it http://youtu.be/1WlRQaMDX1g

8. jasongetsdown

jasongetsdown Member

May 31, 2009
    A couple of the new Halloween cards disappeared from my card inventory the other day, and I'm not the only one... http://cardwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:9779

Anyone had this happen or know if they will be coming back?

9. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    I have a suggestion to make for a future update: How about adding Game Center? It would allow you to compete with your Game Center Friends!

10. Poetachica

Poetachica Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Somewhere in the TARDIS.
    Christmas Update

How is anyone fairing with the Christmas update?
    Still enjoying the gameplay, new features, features being removed, etc?

11. crunkbanker

crunkbanker New Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Re: transfering progress to new phone

Does anyone know how to transfer game progress/cards to a new phone? I just replaced my old one and don't want to start over and lose everything.
    I found earlier in the thread that someone said there is a *Gamer ID* within the app itself but I can't find this number anywhere. I figured I need to contact D3 but I don't have a player number to give them so they can identify which account is mine. Any help or direction is very appreciated! Thanks for reading my post. =)

12. ekuseru

ekuseru New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    "Buy the season pass"? This update is really disappointing after all this time and don't feel like giving more of my money or my time to them.

13. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I didn't update yet and would love to better understand what this update does. When I read buy the season pass I stopped.

Can you explain what this update really does?

14. ekuseru

ekuseru New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I haven't updated yet either, but it seems they added a new map and new cards for us to try and then pay if you want to keep playing…
    For a 3.99€ paid app that has timers and it isn't too fair for people not willing to spend a lot more on gems, I don't feel like giving more money to them.
    And let's not forget about the unsolved bugs and savedata issues that have been reported by many and still haven't got a real fix yet.

15. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Now that it is freemium I'm assuming I shouldn't update it?

16. Mxlplx

Mxlplx New Member

Jun 13, 2012
    #1116 Mxlplx, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    I gotta say, as a huge fan of AT I had to buy this, but I am feeling duped even though I generally enjoy the game. Why? Because 1: you just can't win without dropping even more coin for gems. And 2: I've played almost every day and spun the prize wheel maybe 150 times, only won 1 free gem.
    And 3: WTF with the limit on how many cards you can keep? That's ####ing ridiculous. Why can't we just keep them all? Are they huge?!? They don't fit in the box? I can't even play for days sometimes because I'm scared I'll sell the card I needed to craft a card by mistake. And I spent lots of gems to have 130 slots. Still not enough.
    4: crafting cards... There is never anything I can craft that I don't have 3-4 of already.
    5: I've won matches with gold card chests and platinum chests, still nothing I don't already have in them. They only seem to contain ####ing spells, no creatures?
    It's not nice to bend us over like that for gems so only rich kids can win. Thanks for letting me vent.

Edit: the next day I won 5 gems. But still, gas Anyone won the 50 gem prize, ever?

17. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    ^ I've had the game like 4 days and 2 of my free spins had more than one gem. I don't think it's necessarily trying to screw me over.

I do have a question though. Is it worth my time and effort trying to level up every single one of my heroes or should I stick with one or two and level those up as much as possible?

18. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    #1118 smes3817, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Edit: Solved

19. metuj

metuj Active Member

Oct 15, 2010
    This is strange. I'm at level 8 and I have two more characters - Dr. Donut and Magic Man.

BTW - Card Wars is great card game!;-)

20. Eggsavior

Eggsavior Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    For some reason, I've been made to play through the initial tutorial twice. Right after that I've been offered an upsell. Not sure if I want to go on with this game...