Bike Rivals, a stunt racing game (by Miniclip)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Benjo, May 7, 2014.

1. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Community Manager
    London
    #1 Benjo, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    Greetings, Touch Arcade!

I’m part of the team at Miniclip *wave* and I wanted to let you know about our new game, Bike Rivals.

Bike Rivals is a stunt bike racing game with some crazy tracks and lots of outrageous obstacles. To beat a track you’ll have to outrun speeding boulders, vault over toxic waste, fly through loops and land precision jumps.

One of the things that we’re most proud of with Bike Rivals is that it is not the sort of racing game that you will coast through the tracks on your first time. You will crash. A lot. In fact, some of my favourite moments when playing the game have come from spectacular fails (boulder + exploding barrel = flying biker). But we hope that we’ve got the right balance between challenging and frustration.

The game will have both single and multiplayer modes; single player will let you race against the ghost of your previous best time, and you’ll earn stars for top times which can be used to unlock the other level packs.

It’s in the latter stages of development at the moment, so I’ll update this post with more info soon when it gets finalised. I’ll also let you know when it gets softlaunched so you can try it out for yourself :)

I'll hopefully have a video for you soon too, so you can see it in action.

BIKE RIVALS
    * Insane obstacles and stunts
    * Challenging gameplay
    * Singleplayer and multiplayer modes
    * Around 90 tracks across three distinct level packs
    * Different bikes to unlock
    * Free to play (with optional IAPs)

First trailer

Here's some screenshots:

Attached Files:

2. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Community Manager
    London
    We just softlaunched Bike Rivals in Portugal - check it out :)

https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/bike-rivals/id794957821?l=en&mt=8

It's singleplayer only at this stage - we're working out a few things on the multiplayer side that'll be part of the global release.

Will let you know when it gets softlaunched in other countries!

3. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Community Manager
    London
  4. Jemixon

Jemixon New Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Stars

Why is it that when I beat the 3-star time for the level, I'm still not awarded the 3 stars?

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    It's on the first level, I noticed the same thing. The 3 star goal is 24 seconds and I got 23.32 seconds. It doesn't effect the first achievement but it might effect future achievements.

Other than that it's a good game.

6. Jemixon

Jemixon New Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Yea - great game. I've gotten 3 stars on levels 1-30 but can't get the credit; Therfore I can't go any further without paying.

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    this is a great game, and still my most favourite game from mini clip.

8. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Community Manager
    London
    Hi there - we've got a fix for this on the way, it's just with Apple at the moment for approval. Hopefully it'll be released really soon - very sorry about this bug.