Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It works great on touchscreen. No need to controller at all.

2. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Bought this game from day one and so glad I did. This is such a unique experience with so much soul and character.
    The fun part? It's not even my type of game but after a few raving first impressions I went for it and boy was that the best 5$ ever spent on the AppStore in 2016.
    It doesn't happen often I get so excited about a game I also decide to purchase the Steam version to boot at the time.
    Touching story regarding the developing history as well. Screw you, cancer! BOOM!

3. Got this game from day one, so waiting for new episodes too.
    Editor for players is a great news though, when will it released?

4. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm dying to play this game! With all the praise it's gotten, I'm going to buy it next paycheck and see what the hype is about. Unfortunately I don't get paid until 1/20, though. :(

5. taoyingying

taoyingying Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Can anyone tell me how big is the game after installation? I haven't bought it yet because of my huge backlog and I'm running out of space on my ipad. But now it's on sale so I guess I cannot wait any longer...

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'm showing 100MB

7. taoyingying

taoyingying Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Only 100MB? Wow, I thought it would be much bigger with so much content. I for sure have 100MB spare space :D

8. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Can someone give me the quick version of how to access the new quest to start enchanting my items and all that good stuff

9. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I try games like this all the time. I generally lose my patience and delete them very quickly. Don't Starve is a good example. The Fire in the Flood is another. Both of those games feel extremely tedious and fussy. And in my opinion they are real downers too. Just depressing to play.

Because of that I was reluctant to give Crashlands a try. But the fans kept raving about how good it is. Boy am I glad I finally played this game. It's just like those other games in so many ways, but Crashlands is actually FUN! And even though it has systems and menus and inventories it doesn't feel fussy or clanky at all. Great job. Big props to Butterscotch Shinanigans.

Now I I'm going to play some more.
    :cool:

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Agreed I just got back into it after not playing for a long time and am loving it again.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ramerl... cant find him anywhere in his area, i already have a pointy pinwheel with me. Help?

12. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Hey if you zoom out of the map you can see where the circle is to find him.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's what i meant when i said im in his area. I've already explored the circle and find nothing. Are there any other conditions required?

14. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#1694 Habakuk, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    I'm somewhere at the beginning and it tells me I should build something in the survival station. But where is that station??? Can't find it anywhere. Maybe I am too stupid for that game.

Edit. Found it. Never mind.

15. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    No I don't think so did you see a base at the pond?

16. zombieland

zombieland Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Rad game.

This was very fun game. Very creative, well animated, deep. Well worth the time and $. Kudos.

17. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    This game is incredible I missed it when it first came out but with the awards on TA for best game of the year I just couldn't resist to try it

18. scwiffy

scwiffy Member

Jan 5, 2017
    x2, I couldn't get on with Minecraft or Don't Starve, but the recommendations for Crashlands and the colourful cool artwork swung me and I'm mega glad I did.

19. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Bscotch, not to beat a dead horse too much, but since you made controller support, will you ever map it to a v-stick and buttons on the touchscreen?
    I want to replay the game but cant bring myself to hold with 1 hand and tap with the other again from the couch/ bed.

20. Yks

Yks Member

Jan 5, 2017
    The controls are great and even if I don't like the arts I was kind of hooked but after 1 or 2 hours I got bored of doing the same thing again and again. They should add some survival mechanics like in Don't starve.