Universal Toppluva by PapaQuark / skiing without helmets / beta testers wanted

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PQuark, Apr 26, 2017.

1. PQuark

PQuark Active Member

#1 PQuark, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Hello friends,

After 3 years of developing the perfect ski turn algorithm we’re ready to take some beta testers aboard for Toppluva (Swedish for ‘beanie’). Set in the 70’s (or the “golden age of slalom” as we like to call it) when skiing without helmets was perfectly normal, Toppluva should appeal to anyone who likes a real challenge. Swoosh down the mountain using our insanely “simple-but-deep” control scheme, hunting tenths and even hundredths of a second, in search of that perfect run.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Features:
    • * Weird Swedish name
    • * Simple control scheme that still holds tons of depth where the player can hone their skills to perfection
    • * 70’s vibe
    • * 48 hand crafted levels and more in the works
    • * Art by the awesome a4man (a4man.com)
    • * Original tiroler music from Ukraine (I know that doesn’t make sense but it works)
    • * Secret missions to unlock a bunch of characters

Beta:
    If you’re interested please reply here or send us a DM with your TestFlight email.

Release date:
    Likely sometime during the summer (we know, perfect timing for a skiing game)

www.papaquark.com/toppluva.html
    www.twitter.com/papaquark
    [email protected]

2. jr51

jr51 Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Hi guys I would love to beta test your game I have an iPad Air which is running 10.1.3 I use TestFlight and my email is [email protected] I hope to hear from you kind regards John

3. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    I'm game, im on a 6+ and iPad Pro 12.9", both on newest iOS beta. Email to correspond is [email protected], but my TestFlight is [email protected]. If I'm selected I appreciate the opportunity. Cheers!

4. shaakes

shaakes Member

May 19, 2009
  5. sgtdickie

sgtdickie New Member

Sep 27, 2016
  6. jonwilf

jonwilf Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
  7. PQuark

PQuark Active Member

Hey folks,

Thanks a bunch for the interest in Toppluva so far. It's been a lot greater than we expected!

So what happens now is that all you people that signed up here in the forum, via DM, mail or our website will get a TestFlight invite within short. We'll also send out an introduction email with some more details on the "process".

Thanks again for signing up. We're excited (and a little nervous) about the feedback from you guys. Oh, there's still room for more testers if anyone's interested!

Catch you later.

/Andreas

8. FuZion

FuZion Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    #8 FuZion, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Email received, thank you. Looking forward to it :)

9. PQuark

PQuark Active Member

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. Very appreciated! Feel free to post comments here in the thread too.

A bit of Toppluva history:

10. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    It's a lot of fun I love the music when you reach the finish line.

It need a pause button unless I missed it and also sometimes the have no ski on them which makes it hard to maneuver also I wish the different people had more than just different colors for their ski trails maybe different skills faster slower etc

11. mQuark

mQuark Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Sweden
    Thank you for your feedback! I am so happy you find the game to be fun :)

The pause button is a good idea - we actually had one before but getting back in to the race after unpausing was a nightmare.

The levels where the skier has no skis or legs is suppose to show that they are buried in powder - we got this feedback from other testers as well so we will make it more clear or remove it.

The characters are actually different (try one of the later characters on the first levels and you will see). But you make a good point that we are not clear about this. Do you have any suggestions on how to make this more clear?

Best regards!
    Michael - PapaQuark dev.