Games you think that should be ported to iPad or iPhone 4

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stirolak26, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    I think Aquaria should and could easily be ported to the iPad. And it would run great too. Another one would be ultimo 7 and there is a freeware windows port of it called exult or something that adds resolutions.

2. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Another game would be divine divinity or something similar like nox. Divine divinity is simply amazing and addicting like crack. Its like doable but with away more character development and options of what to upgrade or spells to improve and learn. I haven't played underworlds but is it remotely as good? Also the story is hilarious and about some boy kimg who goes around sleeping with girls and slaying people. And becomes all powerful out of the blue. Its just nuts lol.

3. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    N+ and Exit by Ubisoft also.

4. amroc

amroc Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Male
    Games Programmer
    London, England
    World of Goo would make such a perfect iPad game.

5. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    So would Super Meat Boy. Look at the recent ign review of it and gameplay ids. Why is it some no-brainers like this don't get ported ESP ones that get a wiiware release. Same thing with retro city rampage.

6. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Pax Galaxia- a risk like game based in space
    Hattrick- original football management game

(and a no chance of ever been ported- Constructor on the PC-but suited for the idevice)

7. Malfhok

Malfhok Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Freelance video
    IL
    Curse of Monkey Island. So I can play it!

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Sid Meier's Pirates!

9. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    It's the xth thread like that isn't it? Ha well an occasion to lost some time in pointless wishes:
    • Po'ed : PC port of this was awful because of bad controls port and the graphics help killed the game because they was not at same quality level than games at time of its PC release. But that's a great and original first person shooter that none attempt clone because they made a confusion between the core design quality and what happened to the ports versions commercially (PC and PSX I think).
    • RealmZ + Scenario : What a shame with this game. The original developer and owner gave up and give the right to manage the rights and source but not under clear new ownership the result is legal around this is complicate. Some years ago a dev offer make a port to both OSX and iPhone keeping the rights on iPhone and continue maintain for free the OSX version. The game itself is a good original RPG but some of its addon are top class. but this add one more level of complexity in the rights managements because those addon was paid and owned by scenario makers not game owner, for most of them. Still I wish a sort of remake including some of the best scenario.
    • King's Bounty The Legend series : Just the whole series because it is amazing and the replay value is top.
    • Infinite Space : Great original Space RPG, would suit very well the iphone.
    • Might & Magic Clash of Heroes : This game deserve to be released on multiple other platforms than only the DS. The best puzzle RPG, better than Puzzle Quest.
    • Heroes of Might & Magic 3 the full set with all addon : The whole series is good, some newer look better or could have more features. But this one is still the best of the series and I'd love replay it or even play it as I never played the addon.
    • Citadel Adventure of the Crystal Keep: I'd love get a remake of it.
    • Some of the best Brick Breakers around:
      • Reaxxion
      • Shatter
      • PaperBall
      • ZombieBall
      • Little Gods
      • Arkanoid 2
      • BreakQuest
      • Rival Ball Tournament
      • Acky's XP Breakout

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    CHAOS ENGINE.

Anyone remembers that?

11. GnarKill

GnarKill Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    UI Engineer
    Bay Area
    I keep hoping to see it in the upcoming games. I don't really care for a port of anything else.

12. Olord

Olord Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Portal and the incredibly epic Baldur's Gate Saga (and while we're at it, Diablo 3... :D).