Surreal System unreal engine game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mestour, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Surrealness

Surrealness Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Hello everyone:) I'm here to answer your questions!

Yes, this is an actual game rather than an interactive expierence:) It's a first person shooter with an intricate story and fun gameplay!

The release date was originally 12-12-12 but got moved up to 11-11-11. After some technical difficulties and workstation instability, we upgraded all of our hardware and the release date is TBD. We recently upgraded again and, as you might have noticed, the quality of work is increasing as well!:)

Thank you everyone for your support and we hope to have it finished and ready as soon as we possibly can!:)

- FlyingMGames Development

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  3. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
  4. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
  5. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
  6. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    meh doesnt seem interesting honestly. the trailer doesnt show much either nothing to get excited about

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    It looks like Surreal System is going to be huge, and very well-plotted, not to mention beautiful. Please, do keep up in this thread with developments; I'm looking forward to this game. :)

8. CrunchyGamer

CrunchyGamer Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Sorry but I donĀ“t get this, a couple of scenery and a bunch of 3d models made in 8 months of development? I would love to see a game well made using the UDK, but this is not even close to something playable.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    12-12-12 is my tentative wedding date. :)

11-11-11 is better because I can play the game before everything gets too busy and chaotic. LOL

10. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    nothing special...:(

11. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
  12. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    The trailer was mostly to replace the old one. And the entire first half of the game is completed 100% :) We just posted the video to show the elements of udk that we have managed to put onto the ios device.

13. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I have yet to see any gameplay elements but I am really digging the atmosphere and the city design that I have seen in this trailer.

I am tired of generic FPS games with paper thin plots being churned out for pc and mobile platforms so I am really looking forward to this game. It does however strongly remind me strongly of...Bioshock. lol

14. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Yes, we hate that about generic fps games as well, but we do draw inspiration from Bioshock in terms of the strong story and powerful atmosphere. And yes, the graphics for ios are ALOT harder to code than that of its pc counterpart. Many features, dx11 being obvious lol, are not present on ios. Thus we are restricted in a way to create a city without killing speed and gameplay. We are trying to strike a balance. The pc version looks alot better but trust us when we say we are working on ios graphics tenfold!! :)

15. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #75 arta, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  16. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
  17. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    It looks good, is it for the computer version? And there will be hands in the final version, right?

Anyways, a video of it running on iOS would be nice. I'll definitely be looking forward to it being released on the app store.

18. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    It is pc currently and we are working on a rig to set up so that we can record gameplay upon the ios device! :)