'Chip' - Abstract golf game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Curly Rocket, May 30, 2015.

1. Curly Rocket

Curly Rocket Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Game Developer
    UK
    Hey everyone. I've been working on an abstract golf game in my spare time, which is a kind of Desert Golf kind of thing with abstract environment. Take a look and tell me what you think. You can also download the latest WIP for both Windows and Mac from my website... http://www.curlyrocket.com/dev/golf-game

Thanks for any feedback you guys have.

Attached Files:

• Golf.jpg
      Golf.jpg
      File size:
      170.8 KB
      Views:
  2. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Looks fun, I've spent countless hours on Desert Golf 2 Questions though, pocedurally generated levels? And how unique/ abstract are the environments?

3. Curly Rocket

Curly Rocket Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Game Developer
    UK
    Hi jgeirge

Yes, the levels are procedurally generated. They are a bit more complex than the ones in Desert Golf as they can generate floating islands and other strange features. The courses won't end up too abstract as I want to retain a bit of nature in the graphics and audio. I still need to put in clouds, grass and some decent audio before I'll be anywhere near happy with a 1.0 release. I'd also like to include a day/night cycle as you go through the levels too, but that can wait for a post-1.0 update. Even rain maybe ? See what people think 8).

Cheers

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Cool man, this looks good.