Tower defense advice...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nosoup4crr, Dec 9, 2012.

1. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I just recently tried kingdom rush and liked it. However, it really bugs me that by the end of it, everyone basically has the exact same set of skills.

My question is: are there any other TD gamed that have even more customization?

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well there is bloons series, the big one is E.R.A also biotic blitz, and forest gaurdians

3. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    While Kingdom Rush indeed only has 4 towers to choose from, I would say it has one of the most deep and advance customization you can get. If you want tower choices, Fieldrunners 2 and Bloons TD 5 has lots of them.

4. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Do either of them have similar upgrade/specialization systems?

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Go with Defender Chronicles II for endless customization, upgrades, RPG elements, a ton of diversity, and never the same game twice. A very unique game in its own right.

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    DC2 is great, but it's quite different to the usual top down tower defence game. I can't really think of any other tower defence games that have lots of different upgrade choices though. GemCraft maybe?

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    E.R.A and bloons 5 for different upgrades both are great

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You'd already mentioned both of those I was trying to think of any others :)

The first sentence of the app description for E.R.A. put me off it, yes of course tower defence = place towers and wait (until I have enough money/energy/sun/whatever to place another tower), if I wanted to frantically tap at the screen I wouldn't be playing a tower defence game!
    It might be great though, I've not played it (well according to the App Store I've previously downloaded the lite version but I don't remember playing it).

9. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Com2us has tower defense games but most if all are generic. Then there's sentinel series. I made a thread while back about tower defense games search and see if it is still there

10. Surprised no one mentioned Cartoon Wars 2…

11. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I don't remember it being a tower defense game?

12. It somewhat is.

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    The ponos game with the cats is a TD then there is another one ill look it up

14. Corey.G

Corey.G Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Interesting, and I think you actually got a point ;)

I've just updated the description of the ERA TD and removed the first line, what we meant was we added something new such as tapping a creep to give attack priority and so on, but not so often or tiring at all, at the end of the day, we wanted to create something different :D