After X-com, Chances of CIV V on iOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RCastle, Mar 26, 2013.

1. RCastle

RCastle Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Now that Firaxis announced X-com, what are the chances of CIV V?

Impossible to do?

How much would you pay for it?

- My opinion is it can be done, perhaps forsaking huge maps for memory and lower res textures.

As for price I would give like $30 for a good version...

2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I want the old Microprose games:

Civilization I
    Command HQ
    Covert Action
    Darklands
    Railroad Tycoon
    Silent Service II
    Sword of the Samurai

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Darklands x1,000,000.

Even if it wasn't mobile, that's a game that was ahead of its time and is dying to be remade...maybe just an overhaul of the graphics...I'm thinking isometric.

For the love of god, Masters of Magic. It has some "spiritual" sequels and has influenced a great number of games, but nothing beats the original.

I'll say this for the billionth time...the entire 5 Star Generals series...Panzer General 1+2, Pacific General, yes, even People's General. Heck, Allied General.

Roadwar Europa (I think that's the name...an old ASCII semi-open world post apocalyptic Mad Max style rpg).

M.U.L.E. I think that one is actually in development though.

It will never happen (since it uses old cardsets), but Magic the Gathering: Duels of The Planewalkers+expansions. Probably the most fully featured MTG game...certainly the only one with a robust single player campaign featuring a world map, dungeons, etc.

Little Computer People

4. JamTheDane

JamTheDane Member

May 17, 2011
    The original X-Com, not the new remake!

5. RCastle

RCastle Member

Aug 30, 2011
    You have a "remake" on iOS called Alien versus Humans that you can check out...

6. RCastle

RCastle Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Master of magic is an awesome game.

First one I can remember civ like game, where you could choose a leader that provided different bonuses and different gameplay.

Another great pearl is the unofficial sequel of civ - Alpha Centauri - great, great game...