Space Chicks - Amazing Endless Platformer Launches Nov. 21

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SpaceChicksTeam, Oct 9, 2012.

1. SpaceChicksTeam

SpaceChicksTeam Active Member

Oct 9, 2012
    #1 SpaceChicksTeam, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone,

We're here to present you our upcoming game "Space Chicks".

It's an (Awesome) Endless Running Space Physics Platformer about a small Hero who travels space saving Space Chicks from Bad Guys ! :confused:
    It is being created with Unity3d and it features real space physics, tons of enemies, vehicles and more. Space Chicks is played with only one button, as many iOS games, but allows the player complete control over the character's movement, allowing it to be a classic platformer with lots of choices and crazy stuff to do. We would like to know your opinion about it, feel free to tell us what you think and share ideas if you want!! If we like it and it is doable, we'll implement it! :D

Check out the Gameplay Teaser so you get the feel of it:

Here are some screenshots too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are a lot of surprises we can't reveal yet so stay tuned!

Thanks !

The Space Chicks Team.

2. lightningfast

lightningfast Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    London
    This is relaxing nice :)

3. Profusion

Profusion Active Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Lisbon
    Awesome

Simple and powerful gameplay mechanics, stunning graphics and catchy musicÂ… what could we ask more?

4. SpaceChicksTeam

Oct 9, 2012
    Thank you! We are working hard to bring the best possible experience to your hands! We'll bring you more news regarding Space Chicks in the following weeks :D

Thanks again!

5. trialbyfun

trialbyfun Member

Mar 22, 2011
    UK
    I saw the title and thought it was going to be another bird game in space.

I'm soooo glad now that I took a peak in this thread. I'm Really loving the vibe of the game, the sounds, the bounce on the planets as you land on them, the lighting effect you've got going on behind the planets, and the puff particles and "POW" effects.

Looks lovely, totally looking forward to playing :D

6. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    this looks pretty cool

7. Rock Soft

Rock Soft Member

Oct 10, 2012
    California
    Looks pretty fun

Not sure how it plays for a long period of time but it looks fun and the art and animation looks pretty professional.

8. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    #8 reec0X, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    Captain Ludwig a-like game...pretty cool :). Any release date?

9. SpaceChicksTeam

Oct 9, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the interest !

Regarding how it plays for a longer time period , that is something we'll reveal later as it is part of the concept behind Space Chicks, but try focusing on the fact that it is an "(Awesome) Endless Running Space Physics Platformer" and you might get a clue or two ;) , there's a lot of cool stuff to be revealed soon.

From what I've seen, I can understand the comparison with Captain Ludwig , but all I can say is that, when you try it, you'll see it's completely a different thing! :D We're hoping for a release within the next 4 months. Might be less! Definitely hope so! ;)

We'll be revealing a lot of things soon, the concept behind the gameplay, the way it progresses, the objectives, a lot more crazy stuff and maybe...just maybe.. a very special feature. :D Space Chicks is a game we've done to play ourselves , to surprise us every time, so we could ensure you guys would like it too :)

Thanks again!

10. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Is the game optimized for iPhone 5?

11. SpaceChicksTeam

Oct 9, 2012
    Hello saiyukialex :)
    Yes this game is already optimized for iPhone 5.

Thanks for the interest ! :D

12. SpaceChicksTeam

Oct 9, 2012
    #12 SpaceChicksTeam, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

Another spicy screenshot from our upcoming game Space Chicks..!

Have you ever driven a sports car in space ?

...Thought so yea...! :D

Space Chicks Team

13. SpaceChicksTeam

Oct 9, 2012
    #13 SpaceChicksTeam, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Hello again!

We've been quiet for a few days because we've been working hard on "Space Chicks" to release it sooner! But since TouchArcade mentioned Space Chicks on their Upcoming Game Watch article, we thought that deserved a celebration! So we decided to share! Here is another spicy screenshot from Space Chicks:

[​IMG]

That's just a tip on another crazy thing you'll have to deal with to save all the Space Chicks !! We're hoping to reveal one big feature really soon, probably our favorite one! Keep the Chicks under your radar :D

14. Cool looking game!

The cool, cheesy planets and graphics remind me of those planet animation interludes on the Sitcom Third rock from the sun.

I really liked the music that I heard on the gameplay preview footage. Who does the music on Space Chicks, might I ask?

Funny how I thought maybe Grant Kirkhope from Rare at first. It does sound a lot like the goofy, creative music from the older Rare video games.

15. SpaceChicksTeam

Oct 9, 2012
    Hello Zar-Unity !

The gameplay music was created by John Hoge, a "new kid on the block". He's done some work for Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault and he's a really talented individual :p

We were definitely aiming for something that sounded really "retarded" and original! Glad you noticed !

Thanks for your interest !

16. What's your inspiration from the artwork style?

So colorful, goofy and fairy tailish. How did the concept for this game and it's artwork style come to be?

It's kind of original if I do say so myself. Oh and thanks for replying (and thanks in advance for replying yet again.)

17. SpaceChicksTeam

Oct 9, 2012
    Hello again Zar-Unity.

Honestly, about the concept behind Space Chicks, everything happened really fast. We planned to work on a platformer for iPhone, but we didn't want to deal with on-screen controls, or forcing you to run forward as there are a lot of games like that (most of my favorite mobile games are like that!). We tweaked and played with a lot of different concepts until we found something that we would really have fun with. That lead us to something similar to what the game is now. Playing with space physics was really cool , and so we spent 2 or 3 months , just adding fun stuff, laughing and playing with it. That's how some stuff such as Asteroids, Spaceships , Chicks, Explosions, Enemies and others (we can't reveal more lol) came to be!

We like to think we've created some kind of Space Playground! :D As for the Art itself it's hard to tell, it's creative work, we did not look for an inspiration, it's probably just the mix of a lot of stuff we've seen and our own vision of what we wanted to achieve. We just knew we wanted it to look crazy and different.

This is a game we made to play ourselves as we believe that's the only way you can provide something truly fun for others. Because of that we made sure the game is never the same, there is no telling exactly what will happen, we added a lot of specific randomness so we still wanted to play it after we finished it. I guess that's one of the things we love the most about Space Chicks!

Thank you again for your interest!!!

18. SpaceChicksTeam

Oct 9, 2012
    Hi again!

As mentioned before, one of our biggest goals with "Space Chicks" was to create an Endless Physics Platformer, that does allow you to move in every direction while keeping controls as simple as possible and that's always different, so we could surprise ourselves everytime we played it as well. For that we did not want to relay on randomness that could at times fail our intentions for the game concept, we wanted to bring some true level design for the player. Based on levels created by our level designer, we developed a system that manages that for us and that offers an experience with a lot of depth and replayability. This system manages almost every thing you see in the world, the game makes an effort to surprise you when you think you've seen it all. We can ensure you every trip you make in the "Space Chicks" world will feel fresh. The simplest example are the Chicks, there's a lot of combinations for them. Take a look at just a few examples of the Chicks you might encounter on your journeys:

[​IMG]

Come on...there's gotta be one you found attractive..! :D

We'll try and keep you updated on more cool stuff from "Space Chicks"!

Thanks!

19. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Is this comming out this year?

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    yep it will be coming this year - I'm publishing it. :)
    Its really polished and awesome!