Looking for a reliable 2D artist/animator...

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Nemensiris, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Nemensiris

Nemensiris New Member

Nov 7, 2013
    I found myself in an unfortunate position and am looking for a 2D artist/animator to finish up a small character set, and potentially take over the rest of the project. I say unfortunate, because the person(studio) I found here and contracted for this work is not willing to finish the work with an excuse of now being too busy. This is all after a 3 month stretch, half down payment, and me receiving 1/3 if not 1/4th of the promised work. The project in question is of a cartoon nature and involves one hero character and three baddies.

This is a small project (from what I’ve been told) and will require just a couple of hours to complete. I approved given to me sketches and all is left to do is to color it and possibly animate it … there were no revisions as I approved the first sketch that was sent to me and I can’t imagine any further changes unless you feel you can improve on the current one. I am not going to post the sketches I received because I’m not here to air out someones laundry I understand things come up, but I wish it was communicated and not avoided.

So we don’t waste our time, please post your reply below or PM me… please do not reply if:

1) you do not have the time to do the work and you’re only putting stuff on your back burner
    2) you do not have experience working with coloring sketches
    3) you do not keep a promised deadline (that you set for yourself) or have to extend it for 2-3 months with weeks/month in between without communication
    4) you do not have a portfolio of any kind (I don’t care who I work with studio, freelancer, making money on the side starving artist, I simply don’t care as long as you have something to show)
    5) you do not communicate with the person you’re working with (I know this is a repeat, but I do expect some sort of communication and I prefer email)
    6) you are not willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
    7) you do not have a preset per hour/per project price and cannot give rough estimates (I don’t have a budget to finish this, but I have a rough guesstimate what this will cost to get it done)

Thanks for your time,
    N

2. Graz73

Graz73 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Web Design, Graphics & Illustration
    Mansfield, OH
    sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. I have worked on lots of these small game projects too where the people I'm working with flake on me. Very annoying.

I'll email you details and samples...