F.A.S.T. vs. Ace Combat XI vs. H.A.W.X.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Somerandomdude, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I've tried to get into the jet fighter type games since I was watching a few videos on some Ace Combat games, and they looked like a ton of fun. Since there seems to be a few really stand out ones right now, I wanted to know which one to go for. Money isn't a large factor for me, as I'll be able to afford any one of them and still get N.O.V.A., my biggest concern right now. Overall, I just want to know which one is the best gameplay wise, which has the greatest amount of content, which gives the most bang for your buck, and overall which one you just recommend the most.

2. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    Which ever one that doesn't abuse the periods.

3. grr

grr Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    #3 grr, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
    I'm going to HAWX lot and I liked the story not so short as in the others
    bring more aircraft than its competitors generally worth acquiring this game,and the graphics are very good.
    I get and am very happy with the game really was what expected.
    truth you will not regret ....

:D

4. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Fast

I like fast because it has about enough sTory missions and it has online multiplayer none of the other games do.btw make a poll

5. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    From the sounds of things, it's a definite toss up between FAST and HAWX. Ace Combat just doesn't have enough content to justify $8, and from the sounds of things it has a good chance of being slow on my 1g. I like the amount of content in FAST and the online multiplayer sounds fun, and HAWX is bound to have a decent story because it's by Tom Clancy, and I like a good single player campaign since I can't always be fighting another person. I might get both since FAST is only $0.99.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    if you call the shit they have in there a "Story" mode...
    h.a.w.x. is where it's at. gameloft ftw

7. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I have one final question. Which of the 2 is easier for beginners? As I said before, I have never played any jet fighter games before, and I just want to be able to relatively ease into the game. I want to be able to get used to the game style, although I don't think I'll have an issue with that. I just want something that starts relatively easy, then ramps up the difficulty in reasonable incriments so I don't get to frusterated with it.

8. grr

grr Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    #8 grr, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009

mmmm..
    HAWX has the option to play with the pad-virtual and the accelerometer. is a question of seeing which is more comfortable for you in my opinion the two go very well, but vote more for the pad-virtual

9. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Get H.A.W.X. Easily the best.

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I'm really leaning towards HAWX now. I have a good feeling since it comes from 2 companies I know always make great games, and just looking at HAWX it has much more content than FAST. I'll probably buy that and then get FAST if I need some online. It seems to be getting some good reception and it's the only one with an actual campaign with different objectives, not just battling other planes.

11. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, get HAWX For singleplayer, and FAST for multiplayer.

12. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Can you change the camera angles in HAWX? I like the camera angle behind the plane that constantly stays there, so the camera rotates, turns, and flips when your plane does, or is there just that distant one shown in most of the screens and video?

13. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, you can change the camera, as far as I know there is a cockpit view, a view that is fixed behind the airplane, and the 'scenic' (or whatever) view that is in most of the screenshots.

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Alright, I just bought HAWX. I still have the 15 bucks left too, I forgot to redeem it before I bought the game... lol fail. I just paid my parents the money and now I will have bought $22 worth of games lol.

15. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    lol, whoops!

Hope you enjoy the game.

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Thanks, I'm sure I will. It seems like a great game from the screens and videos.

17. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    i wish someone could post a video so i could make my final choice

18. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Which game do you want a video of? I could easily find a video of all 3.

19. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    hawx and not toucharcade video

20. icekat

icekat Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    for overall gameplay, I vote hawx too, I finished ace combat in almost no time at all, I'm sure it'll have some good dlc come out, but that doesn't help you now when you just want to play. I've had fast since before it was 99 cents, and it's great for multiplayer but there's nothing other than quick sorties for single play. I remember them talking about the "coming war" when it first came out, I assumed that was going to be their story mode, or kinda a mmo type thing with squadrons and all, but nothing ever came of it. for the price, if you were willing to spend the price of ace combat, you can get both hawx AND fast, and have the best of both worlds, then when ace combat comes down to a sale price, an/or gets some more real dlc missions, you can have that too. :)