Is Space Miner worth the 5 bucks?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fruho, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I was not very impressed by the screenshots, review, or intro video of Space Miner but it seems like everyone on this site is gushing about it. What makes it so great? How much playtime does it have? Is it addicting? And most importantly: is it worth the cash? Thanks guys

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I`ve never seen 100% positive reaction for any other game on TA. Not even a single negative comment in that thread. :eek:

There's got be something really great about this game. Havent tried it myself yet though. But it's getting harder and harder to resist after seeing all those positive replies in that thread :eek:

3. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i feel the same way. however, the 20 games that i need to beat are telling me not to get the game yet. although the dev said himself it wont go on sale for at least 12 months!:eek: which is good.

4. Coops58

Coops58 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I said don't look here!
    I was skeptical at first, and didn't really want to spend the money, I did and at the beggining I felt buyer's remorse but once i got into the game I really liked it, its just got something special you can't really name, of course it does come at a price though...

5. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I know lol that's how I feel

6. Stook

Stook Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Santa Clara, California
    Short answer: Yes. :)

7. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    darn no sale. usuallly i'd be buying it right away, especially because of all the positive feedback. but idk, something isnt doing it for me.

8. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Best game I've played on the iPod to date. It just gets everything right. I'd say it's well worth the money. And I'd much rather have this game than five half-finished, 99 cent games any day.

Now I just hope the dev adds some more game elements before moving on to his next release. I'm not even though the first play-through and I already want more!

9. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

well, i've spent 6 hours on it so far and still going so i'd say yeah. well worth the 5 dollars.
    controls are great, graphics are sharp, storyline is actually engaging and well... i cant even do the game justice!

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    This thread is another desperate cry for attention. Either get the game or don't. Not convinced that it's worth 5 bucks by the reviews or comments? Then you are either illiterate or a moron, and no amount of praise is going to help you. If you have plenty of other games to finish then hold off till you have the time to play it. Either way, there's
    nothing to discuss here that hasn't been covered on the main thread.

11. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Ouch...

12. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    +1
    I completely agree. If you would just spend 1 minute in the main thread, you would see, that there is no other game getting this amount of praise right now.
    5 bucks it cheap here, so cheap!

13. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    I was only saying how great it was yesterday that no one was mentioning the price or a sale etc on this game and lo and behold some moron creates a thread about it. This is what is wrong with the app store, it has created thousands of scabs who fret about spending more than a dollar on games that have probably cost thousands to make.

SUPPORT the dev's so we can keep getting quality, not quantity!

14. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    You people really need to calm down. I want to know what the point is of the game. I don't understand it....a space RPG? Is all you do roam around sapce shooting stuff and gaining money for upgrades? I doubt that(from the incredible descriptions) but I don't fully understand what the game is about. And I want to know whether you think it is worth 5 bucks or not.

@squarezero:calm down. "desperate cry for attention"? Bull. I have a question and this is a good site to get it answered. I am not looking for "praise" of the game: I want to know what makes the game so praiseworthy. You need to relax

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009

Reading the original thread would've answered your questions is what squarezero is trying to get at.

Which I agree.

16. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    Yes, and then some.