What new weapon should I add to Battle for Vesta?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by John Harrison, Mar 12, 2010.

1. John Harrison

John Harrison Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Ok, I've implemented many of the features that people have asked for here at TA for Battle for Vesta. This includes pause, save game, better sound, more enemies and others. I've got several new features implemented but not released including difficulty levels and a survival mode. Oh, I have a new icon (see below) as well that will come out in the next release.

I'm going to start working on a secondary weapon. What do people think it should be? I was thinking smart rockets, that are sure to hit a target if you have a radar lock and could generate a large enough explosion to damage nearby ships. But I thought I'd ask here are TA first and see if anyone has an idea that sounds like more fun to me.

While I'm at if, here are some promo codes so you can try it out if you don't have it already. The only rule is that you have to come back and post a weapon suggestion after playing. (Yeah, I know, good luck enforcing gratitude...)

RK3RP9FMWHAY
    JL4ME4W6P7LL
    MN96N6NX96KF
    XNXTNK3MPWLJ
    P7NXEHPA79WK
    WRARWXN6PHKM
    MWN37YJTFPM9
    6EKAMJTHMPKM
    YXXKH4AJRJWF
    99FTWTHNT3K3
    YJ7X9P94APJA
    XNY7EKMPAMLE

Attached Files:

2. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Got RK3RP9FMWHAY, Thanks! I'll be sure to post back with some weapon ideas.

3. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I got MWN37YJTFPM9, As soon as i play it a bit i'll post some weapon suggestions.

Thanks a ton!

4. NeoShai

NeoShai Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    I nabbed YXXKH4AJRJWF. Will post impressions soon!

5. NeoShai

NeoShai Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Freeze Cannon; to temporarily slow down/stop asteroids or enemy ships.

Laser Beam; for continuous low damage (Lower than the standard firing but a higher rate of fire).

Flare; Lights up target. (Could possible make it a target for other enemies?)

Just a thought. Very interesting game by the way. I was expecting a top down shooter and I get this amazing piece of work.

6. seang

seang Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    suprisingly still a code left! XNXTNK3MPWLJ i will suggest an item after i try it out!:D

7. John Harrison

Dec 28, 2009
    NeoShai,

Interesting ideas. The laser is a real possibility. I'm gratified that you liked the game. Tell your friends.

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Used YJ7X9P94APJA thanks.

9. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    How about a gun that shoots out an electric blast thing and it transfers from one enemy to another, if close enough. Like the little doctor weapon (I don't remember the exact name) in Ender's Game (a book)?

10. John Harrison

Dec 28, 2009
    da shiz wiz 19,

Is the new icon (attached above) sufficiently epic?

I'll think about the Little Doctor thing. I don't want something that makes the last few levels too easy, but maybe there is a way to make it work.

11. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah the icon looks pretty good. I like the cartoonish style it's in. Plus the colors make it stand out quite well

12. seang

seang Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    i think a good weapon to have as a secondary gun would be a grenade launcher type gun that fires rockets with a wide blast radius!:D

13. John Harrison

Dec 28, 2009
    Space grenades?

14. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    I like your smart rocket idea.

15. NeoShai

NeoShai Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    XD. This game gave me a real 'Ender' feel as well. Maybe a level where you have to attack a planet would be cool.

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009

Same here. Though space grenades are undoubtedly intriguing.

17. John Harrison

Dec 28, 2009
    Can someone explain the space grenade concept in more detail?

18. John Harrison

Dec 28, 2009
    Still looking for suggestions. Do you need to play it first? Here you go:

LM9JAJEKYRKA
    M9EHX97KK9XT
    6J6PHJLXYYNJ
    YW9AKFHH6LKT
    7YKFJFNJR9XT
    RX39PRLNMAHP

19. John Harrison

Dec 28, 2009
    Alight, given the lack of detail on the space grenades concept I've added a form of smart weapon. The update has been submitted (v2.1) and should go live in a day or two based on recent approval times.

The catch is that you have to earn the weapon by beating the game. Beat it again to upgrade the weapon. Note that you can only upgrade twice at the easy level, twice at medium, and once at hard. Or if you refuse to play easy (and you should refuse) you can just beat it five times on hard and get the upgrade five times there.

As far as how the new weapon looks, I'm pretty happy. The idea was to have something similar to how missles behave in old anime like Robotech. So you launch a bunch of missles at once and they fly off in crazy directions and finally converge on the target.