Universal Ski Safari - (by Defiant Development)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    #181 Nemer, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    Nvm.

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Get the coin magnet at the shop, its doing wonders for me right now

On a side note: boosts, something I didnt like at the beginning, stacks up if you dont use them... now I have 7... this game, this game is the best of all endless runners

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    This is one of my all time favorites on the App Store! Brilliant game, and just beautiful.

4. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Is the coin magnet permanent once you've bought it?
    I can't easily tell which things are permanent and which are one use only...

5. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    I only bought new characters so i cant tell for sure but i think items in boosters category are only ones that are 1 time use. However Secon Chance Jetpack that cost 3000 coins is listed under gizmos but it also looks 1 time use. Now im confused :(

6. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    @Ickon @Nemer

Both gizmos are permanent... But you can only wear one at a time. Coin magnet is the best thing

The only thing on the shop that are consumable (not permanent) are the boosters, but the game gives you one of each everytime you play for free and they stack each other

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I like this game, but even with the coin doubler coins accumulate way too slowly. I will save up for and try the coin magnet. I didn't realize that was permanent.

8. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #188 TheFrost, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I never noticed I was getting free boosts...how do you even use them?

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    In game, on the left side of the screen you will see a rocket and the other one, tap them to use them, but you can only use 1 per game session

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Slogged my way to getting the coin magnet, and that definitely helps along with the coin doubler, but I still feel like this game is a bit of a grind, and many of the goals aren't things you can actively try to do, rather you just play until they happen to occur. For example surfing 3 clouds in a row. That's just luck mostly. I do like the game, but I don't think it's as inspired as, for example, Jetpack Joyride.

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Not sure why you are getting free boosts. I am not. I upgraded too. 0 boosts for me.

I did buy the coin magnet and agree its worth it. It seems to more than double income -- maybe tripple?

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Coin doubler + Coin magnet = +500 coins per run, at least for me... and some ranks gives you coins too. If you think this game is grindy, play Endless Road

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Mmmm it says I have 4 and never bought any single one of them. Will check again

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, you bought the coin doubler. Maybe its a throw in bonus.

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    You should do it too, this game deserves it. There are a lot of items on the shop to buy with they own objectives which extends life for a long time and Coin doubler helps with that a lot, as well as the coin magnet

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    There was a point where the game gave me 4 of each boost, but it was a one time thing. I don't earn any for free otherwise. I do have the coin doubler too. That makes no difference. I don't think there are any free boosts per game.

18. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Today I played 5 hours of this game, completed all the snowmobile missions, all the gizmos, upgrades and power-ups missions too, unlocked the bat and have bought every single item on the shop :D

Now I only have left: 5 characters and regular + slope specific missions, quite a few still.

Also realized that when you have the coin magnet activated you dont get the speed boost after picking all in a row... going to reserve that for when I start improving my highscore

I realized the same... only some little time after the update to get you used to it, then you have to pay for them. The rocket is worth it, the blue one, not

19. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Okey I went on a Ski Safari gaming spree today... only 4 missions left:

Collect 10 presents as Elf Sven (in one game)
    Jump 1500 metres (1 mile) on a bat
    Transfer between 3 eagles (with Bling Seven)
    Tow a snowmobile or sleight with 3 reindeers

Any help will be very appreciated

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have the Tow with 3 reindeers and I cant even get two, lol.

Question, when you go through the houses a certain way, do you automatically get a sled? Just seemed to be happening.

I'm finding it lame that you do all these missions and your multiplier stays at x12. WTF is up with that, there is a reason other games dont work that way, it decreases motivation.