Universal Joe Danger (by Hello Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    This is a very different game, but your choice old boy.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Installed size anyone?

3. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    you know Bike Baron is a clone style of Joe danger , Joe danger was on ps3's PSN well before Bike baron was released, also Joe Danger is not exactly like Bike baron there is a lot more too it. Its the Super Mario/TONY HAWK of Bike Trial games, and I am not knocking Bike baron at all its a great game but if it weren't for Joe Danger or the many trials games before it Bike Baron may not exist :).

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    The only thing this game has in common with Bike Baron is that you are riding a motorcycle. They really couldn't be more different.

(As a side note, I find it fascinating that people feel a need to announce to the world when they are NOT buying a game. Like, are you going to go to the thread of every game you aren't going to buy and tell people that those are the games you are not going to be buying? What purpose does that serve to anybody what your planned buying habits are? It's so weird. /rant)

To the people asking for "virtual controls" they simply would not work in this game. It's basically just a single tap/single swipe game. It would be like asking for virtual controls in Jetpack Joyride, there's no point. Joe Danger's biggest strength is that it feels perfectly suited to the touch screen. If this was a port of the console games then maybe I'd see adding virtual buttons or something, but this is built from the ground up for iOS and I honestly can't see a way that virtual controls would add anything at all to the game. In fact it would most likely ruin it.

Anyway, this might just be my all time favorite iOS game. Seriously. Back to playing now :)

5. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    BFF Devensega?

6. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #46 Delusionaltool, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    i also posted the bug and thread link on there facebook im sure a dev will be here in no time :)... and emailed and twittered LOL ok Ive annoyed them enough...

7. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Agree with Boardumb, could be my favourite iOS game too - seriously good!!!

8. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Just got me off the fence. :cool:

9. Can anyone confirm if it works on a ipad 3 with ios 6.0.1, think I may get this cause seems well suited for hdmi. Thanks to any other ipad 3 user.

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I have played Joe Danger on Xbox. For me, I just couldn't get into it. I have the sequel too (I got that one free from Raptr), and have never even launched it because of that. I mean to go back and try it again, though. Maybe it will prove more fun for me next time. Probably not going to buy this version, though.

Bike Baron is more like a (not nearly as good) version of Trials Evolution, then it is like Joe Danger. I love Trials Evolution (and Trials HD before it), but really those are quite different from Joe Danger. Perhaps I was just wanting more of that and thus JD didn't deliver. I will say that clearly Joe Danger is much better suited to touch screen than Trials is.

11. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    I'm so glad this is out tonight I'll be buying it later! :D

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Very skeptical after watching the video, but hands on the game really delivers.

Quibbles: short swipes don't appear to register. iCloud is really a must for a game that's all about unlocks and attempting perfect runs.

13. Nobody have an ipad 3 with 6.0.1? Only 30 min left, anyone got it to work or not work? Since the ipad 4 version doesn't work and no response from any ipad 3 user, gotta assume it doesn't work with any retina ipad. Would be too bad.

14. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    ill TOFTT and let you you know asap....20 mins

15. Thanks, I gotten enough of being the guinea pig nowadays. Let us know.

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm torn between getting it now and starting it on my iPhone and waiting for the update so I can play it on my iPad.

17. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
  18. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wow you are in another fourm other then modern combat 4 lol :p

19. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I lurk in many other places, I simply have nothing to say.

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Heard gameloft is working on a sequel that everyone wanted so who know what it will be. Well on to play some danger