iPhone "SlapThatZombie" - a motion sensing game for your ipad!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by monsterinbox, Oct 22, 2012.

1. monsterinbox

monsterinbox Member

Oct 22, 2012
    #1 monsterinbox, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    "SlapThatZombie" - a motion sensing game that allows you to swipe your hand to kill some zombies!

Some stills:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We have spent a few months to build around this motion sensing tech on iPad. It uses the front camera to track motions, it was for a medical research purpose originally. But just like Xbox Kinect or Wii, we found that it is a lot of fun to use it in games - use your hands or motions to kill some monsters or zombies!!

"Slap That Zombie" currently supports iPad2, iPad3, mini only.

Thanks for checking us out! Hope you enjoy what you see here. :)

2. uplaynation

uplaynation Member

Nov 21, 2011
    now tats a new way to smash up the zombie XP simply slap them

3. monsterinbox

monsterinbox Member

Oct 22, 2012
    The game has been released for about 2 weeks now, we started to work on fixes, ideas and new tech these days after a short break. Since we're working on the coming updates for the game, I'd like to continue posting our progress here as well.

We've received comments on the sensing system being too sensitive in low light source environment, it will be fixed in the next update.

As for the new tech and ideas, here is a short test clip showing the targeting system for guns or projectile weapons. We uses a complex tracking way on this function so it is more accurate to your movement. Other than the movements of you arms or hands, it works just with your finger too. :)

What do you guys think?

4. lazynahte

lazynahte Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Student
    #4 lazynahte, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    I bought this game on my iPad and well... It's a beautiful tech demo. There's not much you can do at the moment but the art is simply amazing. My only complaint is that it takes ages to gather coins for upgrades. Other than that, I can't wait for further updates :)

EDIT: I'd love to play this on my iPhone. Any plans on releasing an iPhone/iPod version or an universal app?

5. monsterinbox

monsterinbox Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Thank you very much for playing the game and the great comments, lazynahte! :)

For current build, there are few things already on our list to be fixed like sensing issues or difficulty issues. We also started to build different gameplay elements around this tech so the next major update will change the game quite a bit I think. :)

We will continue posting our progress here.
    Any ideas or suggestions are always welcome. :D