Games like MiniSquadron?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Twazzock, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    #1 Twazzock, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
    I noticed this on my iPod today, I think I got it when it was free on the appvent calendar. I started playing it and it's a bloody fantastic game! Are there any other decent 2D dogfight games or is this the best?

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

this is without a doubt the best dogfighting game on the ipod touch. no competition and imo, mentioning the others would just insult minisquadron

3. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Ah okay. I was blown away by the controls, graphics and just how damn fun it was. <3 this game.

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

this one should occupy you for a while

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Mini Squadron is definitely a great game. The only other dogfighting game that even approaches it is Aera, though it's not just a dogfighting game (and some people find the racing and path-following elements to be kind of annoying). I think it's one of the more beautiful games on the platform.

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I have both MiniSquadron & Aera,
    They cannot be compared.... Period!

Another similar game has not been released Yet.... it is called SuperHero

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Sure they can. I see the dogfighting in Aera as a more realistic version of Mini Squadron (or, vice versa, MS is a cartoony version of Aera's dogfighting). You can even stall your plane like in MS. Not saying they offer the same experience, but there's definitely a relationship.

From what I've seen of Superhero (now called The Hero, by the way), the only thing it shares with Mini Squadron is that it's 2D and involves flying.