Awesome cheap game idea

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dumbname, Feb 1, 2010.

1. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    #1 dumbname, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
    SO this game is going to be a driving game. First person view, and the graphics really don't matter (enviro bear type would be awesome). It's more of a time waster app but with highscores. The whole point is that you are in your town and you drive around your hometown doing typical everyday errands in your normal day such as driving to school, post office, job, groceries, movies, ice rink, restaurant, fast food, driving your friend/son/brother somewhere..etc..

So right when you open the app your in the driver seat of your driveway. You can right away start driving around off to nowhere, and whenever you want you can choose to play a "minigame" which would be stuff like what is italicized above.

Highscores would be the fastest times of completion. Now your thinking, Oh i'm gonna GTA the sh!t out of this, hold up. There are [at least somewhat smart] cops who roam/post around the town and will pull you over for a ticket for any infractions on the law that they SEE. So be mindful of speed limits. Weather should also be put into this game and you can get into accidents.

I feel this game would be AWESOME because it would be so casual as its a free roam but also can have some challenge to it with the high scores. and if the graphics were done correctly, it could be a $0.99 hit. I don't expect much money would be needed to be put into this game either, but i don't know much about developing. So someone make this game, cause it'd be so fun.

EDIT: either way, i hope it was an interesting read for you guys.

2. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    The fun part of a video game is defying the laws, not obeying them :rolleyes:.

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

you really dont understand the game industry if you think any game is going to be 'cheap' to make.

4. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    your right i dont. i thought i addressed that

5. Bochu

Bochu Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    I give you props for trying but the downside I see is that there is no point for me personally to play this game as you describe it.

BUT, if you make the goal of the game one where you are taking a girl out on a date, then maybe. You start out in your driveway going to go pick her up. You probably want to get there in time but if you speed and get pulled over it'll make you late AND lower your funds to treat her when you're out. Maybe after you pick her up, she sees someone get shot and the shooter starts running away. She tells you to run him over so you try to. Anyways, just a thought.