"Okami" for iOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by weehoo, Jan 3, 2013.

1. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars

Attached Files:

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I don't know. It might work but capcom would find a way to ruin it (devil may cry,monster hunter and so forth).

3. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Wow what a great looking game!!!!

I really do hope they port this over, looks really nice!

At first the pics looked too unreal, and I was like how can this even be a game, but then watching the video made it look awesome.

4. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    It's an old ps2 game, but they are re-making it in HD for consoles. The touch screen would be perfect for using the "brush" in combat.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yea they did it with wii and funny part is if you have the when it was just released version the ign logo is on the box on the lower corner where you open the game box

6. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    That would be a horrible idea. The brushing mechanic is the only thing that would translate well to ios. The game was built to be played on console. Virtual controls would ruin the presentation. Another thing is that the game is not built to be mobile with a save system not built for interruptions that the ios platform gets(calls, notifications, etc.)

7. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars

Rockstar's GTA games have been pretty good adopting touch screen controls and a better save system for iOS. I think it would really work.

8. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Sweet! Maybe they could port some of those new graphics to iOS, eh?

9. watthisdo

watthisdo Member

Dec 18, 2012
    This looks promising in terms of graphics. I don't know how well it would do gameplay wise though, unless it's somehow a simpler "side story" kind of game...

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'd much rather see the dev of Okami produce a brand new game, not necessarily even related to Okami. An original, that is designed for the touchscreen.

I wasn't impressed with either of the Rockstar ports I have. They are at best passable, control-wise.

11. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Clover, the studio who produced Okami was dissolved by Capcom a while back. The devs went on to form Platinum Studios and have continued to make amazing games.

The Wii port of Okami was handled by Ready At Dawn and the PS3 port handled by HexaDrive. A sequel to Okami, Okamiden, was made by some of the devs who handled the Wii port.

I highly doubt Platinum Games will ever create an original game for ios that is of the same quality as Okami as they have quite a few games in development for 360, PS3, and Wii U.

The most I ever see happening with Okami and ios is a port of Okamiden with crappy virtual controls.

12. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Nah, it could work, and honestly, I didn't feel like they took the right control tact with Okamiden on DS. They could have easily made everything touch-based, a la Phantom Hourglass, but instead they forced button control, which made switching to the Celestial Brush a clumsy affair. Don't get me wrong, I still loved the game, but I would have preferred it on DS as an all-touch-screen game. On iOS, Okami could be great, so long as they don't hand it over to Ready at Dawn to port. They botched the Wii port in my eyes.