Bonnie’s Brunch 2 Statistics Analyzed -- which country has lowest piracy rate?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by HalfLucifer, Jan 19, 2013.

1. HalfLucifer

HalfLucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    Hi there,

I would like to share some statistics of my latest game Bonnie’s Brunch 2 released on Nov. 29th, 2012. It is a simulation-strategy genre game designed particularly for female players.

It has been 2 months since Bonnie’s Brunch 2 was released. Although it does not make a big hit, the sales volume is decent and was once featured by Apple on New & Noteworthy category in 13 countries.

[​IMG]

Recently I analyzed some data from the sales tracking software App Viz 2 and app analytics Flurry and found some interesting statistics:

1. The download ratio of Full version to Lite version is 1 : 6. The conversion rate is about 16%.
    2. The piracy rate is 53%. Statistics by country:
      • USA: 5%
      • China: 93%
      • Japan: 3%
      • United Kingdom: 19%
      • Singapore: 6%
      • Hong Kong: 19%
      • Taiwan: 17%
    3. The purchase rate of Coin Packs (IAP product): 1.4%
    4. The purchase rate of Level Pack (IAP product): 15.3%
      • USA: 15%
      • China: 13%
      • Japan: 28%
      • United Kingdom: 18%
      • Singapore: 13%
      • Hong Kong: 16%
      • Taiwan: 16%

Look at these statistics. That’s why I love Japan sooooooo much that we decided to develop a Japanese style action-arcade game Jade Ninja. ;)

[​IMG]

Check out further information on Monkey Potion and follow us on @MonkeyPotion.

2. Silvanis

Silvanis Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    co-owner of Silver Moonfire
    How are you tracking piracy? I haven't figured out a decent way of doing that without having some online component that can verify receipts.

3. HalfLucifer

HalfLucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    I use App Viz 2 to track app sales stats, and by utilizing Flurry or other analytics services, you can track unique users numbers for your game. Just go compare the two numbers and then you can get the idea what the piracy rate is.

4. Silvanis

Silvanis Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    co-owner of Silver Moonfire
    Ahh, so you're working off the assumption that anyone who buys your game plays it at least once. Seems reasonable.

Thanks for the idea, I was curious as to what piracy rates might be for my upcoming games and couldn't think of a way to track it.